These Nectarine Roses are an easy puff pastry treat you can easily make at home. I’ve been seeing this pastry roses on Pinterest not too long ago and really loved the way they look. I knew I have to give them a try sooner or later.
Just imagine, buttery, flaky and crispy puff pastry rolls with layers of flavorful nectarine slices, served warm sprinkled with a bit of powdered sugar. Totally irresistible dessert that takes only few minutes to prepare and also looks so beautiful.
The pastry roses I’ve seen were made with apples but as summer is here nectarines or peaches seemed like such a better option for me. Not to mention that is even easier with nectarines than with apples, as nectarines, if cut into thin slices, are flexible enough for rolling and don’t require any cooking before.
Nectarines really bring a nice flavor to these delicious treats and with their beautiful rose shape are great for parties or family gatherings.
The recipe is very easy to prepare even for those who are not familiar with baking, all you need is some fruits and some puff pastry, and everybody is going to be impressed and delighted. Nectarine roses are best served warm but are pretty good even after a few hours. Try them out, there is no way to go wrong with these.
Recipe slightly adapted after FoodWishes
- 1 puff pastry sheet (275 g)
- 2 nectarines
- 1 egg , beaten
- granulated sugar (white or brown)
- cinnamon , upon taste
- powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 400F (200C).
- Cut the nectarines in very thin slices and set aside.
- Grease 8 (3.5 inch – 9 cm diameter) ramekins with butter and dust with flour to make sure the roses won’t stick. You can also use muffin tins.
- On a floured surface roll the pastry into a 10 X 15 in (25X40cm) rectangle.
- Brush with egg and sprinkle sugar and cinnamon upon taste.
- Cut the dough into 8 equal strips, each of about 2×10 in (5 cm x 25 cm).
- Arrange one layer of nectarine slices (about 5 or 6 slices) over each piece of dough.
- Fold up the bottom part of the dough and brush with egg. Add more sugar and cinnamon if desired.
- Roll and place on the prepared ramekins.
- Bake for 45 minutes until puffed and golden.
- Remove from the oven and let rest on the ramekins for 10 minutes before removing. Transfer to cooling rack.
- Serve warm sprinkled with powdered sugar. Enjoy.