This Puff Pastry Strawberry Cheesecake is an irresistible dessert that combines cheesecake’s rich and creamy texture with the buttery and flaky layers of puff pastry. This dessert combines sweet, tangy, and creamy flavors that melt in your mouth with every bite.
I love this cake as it reminds me of my childhood. As a child, I used to buy a similar cake from the local pastry shops and it was one of my favorite desserts. The base of this dessert is a layer of buttery puff pastry that is baked to perfection, creating a crispy and flaky texture that complements the soft and creamy strawberry filling.
The original cake is made with a meringue and strawberry filling. For this recipe, I use cream cheese and strawberry filling instead. The cheesecake filling is made from a mixture of cream cheese, powdered sugar, fresh strawberry jam, and whipped cream. This filling is evenly spread over the puff pastry base and topped with puff pastry crumbs.
Finally, this delicious dessert is finished with a dusting of powdered sugar, adding a finishing touch of sweetness and elegance to the dish. The combination of the crisp puff pastry, creamy cheesecake and strawberry filling make this dessert a crowd-pleaser that is perfect for any occasion.
How to make this Puff Pastry Strawberry Cheesecake
First, prepare the puff pastry crust. For this, roll the puff pastry sheet very thinly and bake at 400F (200C) until golden brown and crispy.
Prepare the cream cheese strawberry filling. For this, first, prepare the homemade strawberry jam. Place the strawberries with sugar and lemon juice into a medium saucepan and boil for about 10 minutes until thickens. Crush the strawberries while cooking, to get a smooth strawberry sauce. Let it cool to room temperature. Soak the gelatin powder in cold water, dissolve it over low heat, and mix it with the strawberry jam.
Mix cream cheese with powdered sugar and strawberry jam mixture. Gently fold the whipped cream into the strawberry jam mixture.
To assemble the cake, cut an 8-inch (20cm) square of baked puff pastry and place on a serving platter. Place a square cake ring around and line with acetate sheet for easier removal. Spread the cream cheese strawberry mixture evenly and top with puff pastry crumbs. Refrigerate to set for several hours or overnight. Dust with powdered sugar before serving.
This puff pastry strawberry cheesecake is a dessert that is perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth. It is a dessert that is easy to make, yet looks impressive and tastes delicious. This dessert is perfect for serving at a dinner party, as a sweet treat after a meal, or simply for indulging in when you want something sweet and satisfying.
Hope you will try this amazing Puff Pastry Strawberry Cheesecake. If you do, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram as I would love to see your creations.
Other Puff Pastry desserts you may like to try
If you like puff pastry desserts, you may also like to try this easy Strawberry Puff Pastry Braid recipe. It looks great and quite fancy even though it takes no more than 10 minutes to have it done and ready to bake. This Vanilla Custard Cake or Cremeschnitte is another puff pastry dessert we love and is very appreciated in many European countries. This French Raspberry Mille Feuille (Napoleon) is an irresistible treat perfect for various occasions. One of our favorite summer puff pastry desserts is this Cherry Puff Pastry Cake with Caramelized White Chocolate Frosting which is simply bursting with summer flavor.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Easy Strawbery Cake
Strawberry Streusel Cake
Ruby Chocolate Strawberry Mousse Cake
Chocolate Strawberry Cream Cheese Mousse Cake
Puff Pastry Strawberry Cheesecake
- 9 oz (250g) 1 package puff pastry
- 10 oz (300g) fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1/3 cup (70g) sugar
- 2 tbsp (30ml) lemon juice
For cream cheese filling
- 2 tsp (6g) gelatin powder
- 2 tbsp (30ml) water
- 10 oz (300g) cream cheese
- 1/3 cup (40g) powdered sugar
- 1 ¼ cup (300ml) whipping cream
Prepare the puff pastry crust.
- Preheat the oven to 400F (200C).
- Roll the puff pastry thin and transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for about 15-18 minutes or until golden. Cool completely.
- Prepare the strawberry sauce. Place strawberries, sugar, and lemon juice in a small saucepan and place over medium heat, bring to a boil and cook for about 10 minutes until thickens. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Dissolve gelatin in cold water and let it swell for about 5 to 10 minutes. Dissolve over low heat and pour over the strawberry sauce. Mix to combine.
Prepare the strawberry cream cheese filling.
- In a large bowl mix cream cheese with powdered sugar. Add strawberry mixture and mix to combine.
- In another bowl whip the chilled whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Gradually fold into cream cheese and strawberry mixture.
Assemble the cake.
- Cut an 8-inch (20cm) square from the baked puff pastry.
- Place the puff pastry square on a serving platter.
- Place a square cake ring around it and line it with acetate sheets.
- Add the strawberry cream cheese filling and smooth the top.
- Break the remaining puff pastry into crumbs. Spread them evenly on top of the strawberry filling.
- Refrigerate for at least 4-6 hours or overnight.
- Dust with powdered sugar before serving. Enjoy!
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @homecookingadventure on Instagram and hashtag it #homecookingadventure.