I am so glad to share with you this amazing no-bake dessert, Chocolate Biscuit Mocha Mousse Cake. The cake has a delightful chocolate rum biscuit cake at the bottom, with a mocha Mascarpone mousse and a layer of chocolate ganache on top. The textures combine so well. The chocolatey crispy biscuits go so well with the smooth mocha mousse and silky chocolate ganache. So easy, so flavorful and such an irresistible treat.
The chocolate biscuit base is very easy to prepare and is ready in a matter of minutes. I love using digestive biscuits for this recipe as they are not too sweet, a bit salty and have a nice crispy texture. Break the biscuits into smaller pieces and then combine with a thick and flavorful chocolate syrup. For the chocolate syrup I use cocoa powder, sugar and butter and some extract for extra flavor. This time I wanted to use rum extract but vanilla, almond, pistachio extracts for instance will be as good. For this chocolate syrup I highly recommend using a good quality cocoa powder to ensure a good flavor.
The Mascarpone mocha mousse is very easy and quick to prepare as well. You simply need to mix the room temperature Mascarpone with some powdered sugar, instant coffee and vanilla extract. I usually like to add a bit of gelatin too, especially if served in very warm climate areas. Then you mix in some chilled whipping cream and the mousse is ready. Let the mousse set in the refrigerator for several hours before preparing the chocolate ganache.
I like to use semisweet chocolate for my chocolate ganache, but you can feel free to use milk chocolate, or even Nutella for the topping.
If you love Chocolate Biscuit Cake you should definitely try this amazing dessert as well. Our friends and our family simply loved it and I am sure you will too. Enjoy!
No-Bake Chocolate Biscuit Mocha Mousse Cake
Chocolate Biscuit Cake
- 12 oz (350g) digestive biscuits
- 1/3 cup (70g) sugar
- 1/4 cup (30g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup (120ml) water
- 5 tbsp (70g) butter
- 1 tsp (5g) rum extract
Mocha Mascarpone Mousse
- 9 oz (250g) Mascarpone cheese
- 1/3 cup (40g) powdered sugar
- 2 tsp (4g) instant coffee
- 1/2 tsp (3g) vanilla extract
- 1 cup (240ml) whipping cream
- 1 tsp (3g) gelatin powder
- 1 tbsp (15ml) water
- 3.5 oz (100g) semisweet chocolate
- 3.5 oz (100g) whipping cream
- 1 cup (240g) whipping cream
- 2 tsp (4g) instant coffee
- mini Chocolate rocks
Prepare the chocolate biscuit base.
- Break the biscuits into small pieces into a large bowl.
- Prepare the chocolate syrup. In a small saucepan add sugar and cocoa powder. Stir to combine and gradually add water, while stirring to combine well. Add the butter and place over medium heat. Bring to boil for about 5 minutes stirring constantly. Remove from heat and add rum extract. Set aside to cool slightly for about 5 minutes.
- Pour the syrup over the biscuits and combine well using a spatula or spoon.
- Place a 8 inch (20cm) cake ring on a serving plate and line with an acetate sheet.
- Transfer the mixture inside the ring and press well using the back of the spoon or a spatula.
- Cover and refrigerate until you prepare the mocha mousse.
Prepare the Mocha Mascarpone Mousse.
- Dissolve gelatin in cold water and let it swell for about 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl mix mascarpone with powdered sugar and instant coffee until smooth. Add vanilla extract.
- Place the gelatin over low heat just until the gelatin dissolves and pour it over the mascarpone mixture and mix to combine.
- Add chilled cream and whip until soft peaks form.
- Pour the mocha mousse over the chocolate biscuit cake.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4-6 hours or overnight.
Prepare the chocolate ganache.
- Place chocolate and cream in a heatproof bowl and place over a pan with simmering water. Melt over low heat.
- Spread it evenly over the cake.
- Refrigerate for another 30 minutes before serving.
- Optional, decorate with coffee whipped cream and mini chocolate rocks.