If you love quiche recipes but don’t have the patience or enough time to prepare it, I highly recommend trying the Crustless Quiche. It is so satisfying and so quick to prepare that it will soon turn into a favorite family recipe. This quiche is a great dish for either brunch, lunch or dinner. This Crustless Spinach Bacon Quiche is really flavorful and very comforting. It is a perfect dish alongside some crusty bread and a fresh salad.
How to make Crustless Spinach Bacon Quiche
The recipe for this crustless quiche is very easy and quick to prepare, and is made with basic ingredients you usually have in house. For this recipe you simply have to cook some bacon slices until crisp. In that bacon grease, you will then sauté some onion and a bit of spinach. Then you quickly mix some eggs with cream and milk and stir in the bacon and onion spinach mixture. Pour the egg mixture into a pan or cast iron skillet and bake until beautifully golden. You don’t even have to use many dishes for making this recipe. It is very easy.
Even if you don’t have all the ingredients, you can easily adapt the recipe to suit your own tastes. You can add different veggies like mushrooms, peas or red pepper. You can also add different greens like broccoli or chives or different types of meat like ham or smoked sausage. Of course, you can add different types of cheese like Parmesan, Cheddar Swiss Cheese or Gouda.
You can serve this crustless quiche either warm or cold and that makes it a great appetizer idea as well. You can also consider making this quiche in advance and keep it refrigerated until ready to serve.
We have really enjoyed this Crustless Spinach Bacon Quiche, hope you will try it too and let me know if you do. Tag me on Instagram if you have the chance and hope you enjoy this dish as much as we did.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
Spinach and Mushroom Quiche
Filo Mini Quiches
Shakshuka -Eggs in Tomato Sauce
Crustless Spinach Bacon Quiche
- 6 eggs
- 3.5 oz (100g) bacon , slices
- 1 medium onion (about 1 cup) , chopped
- 4 oz (120g) Gruyere or Cheddar cheese , grated
- 2 cups (50g) baby spinach
- 1 tsp (5g) salt
- 1/2 tsp (1g) black pepper
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 2/3 cup (160g) cream
- 1/3 cup (80ml) milk
- Preheat the oven to 375F (190C).
- Heat a cast iron 9 inch (23cm) pan over medium-high heat. Cook bacon slices until crisp. Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Reserve about 2 tablespoons of bacon grease and add onion. Cook the onion for about 5 minutes until softened.
- Add the spinach and let them wilt. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- In a large bowl add eggs, salt, pepper and a pinch of nutmeg. Whisk to combine.
- Add cream and milk and whisk to combine.
- Add cheese, onion and spinach mixture. Add the crumbled bacon and stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the greased cast iron pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve alongside a fresh salad and some crusty bread. Enjoy!
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @homecookingadventure on Instagram and hashtag it #homecookingadventure.