If you like Twix Bars and you like salted caramel you should definitely try this No-Bake Twix Cheesecake. A crispy biscuit crust, a caramel cream cheese filling and chopped twix bars, topped with salted caramel and chocolate ganache. It is one of the most decadent desserts I have ever made. It is simply heavenly and very easy to prepare.
This cake is perfect for spring and summer days as is a no-bake dessert and a crowd pleaser for any occasion. Hope you will try this No-Bake Twix Cheesecake and enjoy it as much as we did:)
Homemade Twix Bars
Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake
Apple Crisp Cheesecake
No-Bake Twix Cheesecake
- 9 oz (250g) digestive biscuits or graham crackers
- 1/2 cup (110g) butter , melted
Salted Caramel Sauce
- 1 ½ cup (300g) sugar
- 1/4 cup (60ml) water
- 3/4 cup (180g) whipping cream
- 3 tbsp (45g) unsalted butter , room temperature
- 1 ½ tsp (7.5g) vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 (7.5g) salt
Cream Cheese Filling
- 21 oz (600g) cream cheese , room temperature
- 1/4 cup (30g) powdered sugar
- 2 tsp (10g) vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (120g) Caramel sauce
- 1 cup (240g) whipping cream (35% fat) , chilled
- 2 xtra twix bars , (150g)
- 1/2 cup (120g) salted caramel sauce
- 4 oz (120g) semisweet chocolate
- 4 oz (120g) whipping cream
- caramel shards
- twix bars
- crushed biscuits
First prepare the salted caramel sauce.
- Place the sugar and water in a medium heavy bottomed saucepan over medium-high heat, and cook without stirring until sugar dissolves and gets a caramel color.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the cream. It will bubble a little bit.
- Cook for about 1 minute stirring constantly with a wooden spoon or spatula until smooth.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla extract, butter and salt. Stir well until smooth. Transfer into a bowl and set aside to cool.
Prepare the crust.
- Line with parchment paper a 8 inch (20cm) springform pan (with a removable base). Place the crackers or digestive biscuits into the bowl of a food processor and crush until crumbs form. Add melted butter and mix until evenly moistened.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of the pan using the back of a spoon. Refrigerate until you prepare the filling. If desired, line the pan with an acetate sheet for easier removal.
Prepare the cream cheese filling.
- Cut the twix bars in smaller pieces and set aside. In a large bowl mix cream cheese with vanilla extract and powdered sugar. Add ½ cup (120g) salted caramel sauce and mix to combine. In another bowl mix cream until stiff peaks form. Gently fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
- Incorporate the twix bar pieces into the cream cheese mixture. Pour the mixture over the crust. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight to set.
- Spread ½ cup (120g) salted caramel sauce over the cream cheese filling leaving a ½ inch (1cm) border. Refrigerate until you prepare the chocolate ganache.
Prepare chocolate ganache.
- Place chocolate and cream in a heatproof bowl and place over a pan with simmering water. Melt over low heat.
- Spread it evenly over the caramel.
- Refrigerate for another 30 minutes before serving.
- Decorate with twix bars, caramel shards and crushed biscuits. Serve with remaining caramel sauce if desired. Enjoy!
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @homecookingadventure on Instagram and hashtag it #homecookingadventure.
Just wanted to let you know that I made this cheesecake today!!
I usually find it very hard to make caramel and it always ends up crystallized.
But with your recipe and techniques, I nailed it for the very first time.
The cheesecake was delicious 🙂
Thank you for the wonderful recipe!
I tried making this and it was great! I have a question though, while I was waiting for the crust+cream filling in the refrigerator, the cream sauce started crystallising. Is there a proper way to store the caramel sauce, while waiting for the rest of the cake, to avoid that?
I’ve made this cheesecake twice now, one of which I gifted to my neighbors. The ranted and raved about it. Thank you so much for an incredible recipe.
I have made this cheesecake for my husband’s birthday and it has taken rave comments! It is awsome! Thanks for this recipe! I have made many of your recipes, and i was never disapointed!
I am so glad to hear that Thomai 🙂 Happy birthday to your husband 🙂