This is the first time I am adding peanut butter to a cookie recipe and I have to admit I love it. Peanut butter gives a great texture and taste to basic chocolate cookies. I was afraid that the peanut butter flavor would be too strong but seems to be just the right amount. You can feel the peanut flavor but it’s not overwhelming and peanuts combine so well with chocolate.
I’ve taken these peanut butter chocolate chunk cookies to my daughter’s kinder garden Christmas celebration and everybody enjoyed them. They were all gone by the end of the evening.
I will repeat this recipe for Christmas. It is one of the best cookie recipes ever and a perfect, homemade gift idea as well.
Oatmeal Banana Chocolate Breakfast Cookies
Almond and Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
Soft Meringue Cookies
Recipe adapted after Martha Stewart
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup peanut butter (smooth or chunky)
- 1/2 stick (60g) unsalted butter , room temperature
- 1/2 cup packed dark-brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 7 ounces (200g) semisweet chocolate , cut into chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 F (180C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Cut the chocolate into chunks.
- In a bowl whisk together the flour and baking soda.In another bowl add the peanut butter, butter, granulated sugar and dark brown sugar. Using an electric mixer, mix well until creamy.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla extract. With mixer on low, gradually add flour mixture, and mix until just combined. Stir in chocolate chunks.
- Using an ice cream scoop, take equal portions of dough and place on the prepared baking sheets, 1 inch apart. Press down slightly with bottom of a glass, dipped in granulated sugar.
- Bake until golden, 10-13 minutes. Transfer cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @homecookingadventure on Instagram and hashtag it #homecookingadventure.
The perfect cookie for my husband and me! He loves chocolate and I love peanut butter. Together, they are perfect!
These chunky cookies look so good! Like they have come straight out of a bakery!!!
I can’t believe these are your first pb cookies!!! They look SO delicious and chunky and perfect
Nothing beats the chocolate-peanut butter combo! Terrific cookies!!
Oh, girl! Welcome to the wild world of peanut butter cookies! Why wait for next christmas? I think peanut butter cookies are a year round thing! Your cookies look phenomenal!!! Cannot pass up chocolate chunks and pb!
I love peanut butter and don’t mind even if the flavor is a little strong! Great idea to combine these with chocolate! Pinned! Happy New Year!
Happy New Year to you too Mira – hope you had a wonderful holiday time 🙂
one cup of peanut butter equals to how many grams? or it is really using the measuring cup of 1cup? it seems a lot of peanut butter if its a measuring cup of 1cup