This Pistachio Raspberry Lime Mousse Cake is a delicate and elegant cake perfect for Christmas or New Years Eve with a delightful flavor and texture. Having in mind the three Christmas colors, green, white and red, I created this amazing dessert with this amazing flavor combination of roasted pistachios, lime, white chocolate and fresh raspberries. This cake is very light and simply bursting with flavor in each bite. I am so delighted by the results and I am glad to be sharing this cake with you all.
The cake consists of a delightful pistachio sponge cake at the bottom, topped with a crispy crunch made with homemade pistachio paste, white chocolate and paillete feuilletine, followed by a smooth and silky white chocolate and lime mousse and fresh raspberries.
Beautifully decorated in white, red and green colors, this Pistachio Raspberry Lime Mousse Cake looks really impressive and very festive. The recipe is quite easy to prepare and will surely delight your family and friends. Hope you will give this recipe a try and let me know if you do.
Pistachio Raspberry Lime Mousse Cake
Pistachio Sponge Cake
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1/3 cup (70g) sugar
- 1/4 tsp (1g) salt
- 2/3 cup (70g) roasted pistachios, ground
- 2 tbsp (20g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5g) pistachio extract
For Pistachio Paste
- 1 cup (100g) pistachios, toasted
- 1 tbsp (8g) powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp (1g) salt
For the crunch
- 1 cup (80g) Paillete Feuilletine or corn flakes
- 1.5 oz (45g) white chocolate, melted
- 1/2 tsp (3g) pistachio extract
White Chocolate Lime Mousse
- 8 oz (230g) white chocolate, cut in small pieces
- 2/3 cup (160g) whipping cream
- 2 tsp (8g) gelatin powder
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) cold water
- Zest of a lime
- 1 ½ cup (360g) whipping cream (35% fat), chilled
- 4 oz (120g) fresh raspberries
- Fresh rosemary
- fresh raspberries
- white chocolate truffles
- powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 300F (150C). Toast the 1 ⅔ cups (170g) raw pistachios for 10 minutes. Divide 2/3 cup (70g) for the sponge cake and 1 cup (100g) for the pistachio paste.
- Prepare the pistachio sponge cake. Preheat the oven to 325F (160C). Grease with butter a 8 inch (20cm) pan and line with parchment paper.
- Separate whites from yolks. Add salt over the whites and start whipping until foamy.
- Gradually add sugar and continue whipping until soft peaks form.
- Gently fold in beaten egg yolks, ground toasted pistachios and flour.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 17-20 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Don’t overbake.
- Cool completely.
- Prepare the pistachio paste. Place the remaining toasted pistachios into the bowl of a food processor. Add powdered sugar and salt and process for about 5 minutes until it gets into a thick paste.
- Transfer the paste into a medium bowl. Add melted chocolate and pistachio extract and mix to combine. Add pailleté feuilletine and mix to combine.
- Spread the pistachio crunch on top of the pistachio cake leaving a ½ inch (1cm) border.
- Refrigerate until the mousse is prepared.
- Prepare the white chocolate and lime mousse. In a heatproof bowl add the white chocolate and 2/3 cup (160g) whipping cream. Place the bowl over a saucepan with simmering water, over low heat, until all the chocolate is melted.
- Meanwhile dissolve gelatin in cold water and let it swell for about 5 to 10 minutes. Place the gelatin over low heat just until the gelatin dissolves and pour it over the melted chocolate mixture. Add lime zest, mix to combine and let the chocolate mixture cool completely at room temperature.
- Whip the remaining 1 1/2 cup (360g) chilled whipping cream until soft peaks form. Add melted white chocolate mixture and mix until well combined.
- Transfer the mousse into a piping bag fitted with ½ inch (1cm) plain tip.
- Add a ring around the cake and line with an acetate sheet. Pipe a bit of mousse on the edges and on top of the crunch.
- Arrange the fresh raspberries and cover with remaining mousse.
- Refrigerate the cake for 4-6 hours or better overnight.
- Decorate the cake with fresh rosemary, fresh raspberries, white chocolate truffles and dust with powdered sugar. Enjoy!