This No-bake Chocolate Biscuit Buche de Noel (Yule Log) is an impressive no-bake dessert you can easily prepare for Christmas or New Year’s Eve. It consists of a chocolate biscuit roll with a coconut and cream cheese filling and a chocolate ganache on top. It is simply decorated with coconut sprinkles that resemble snowflakes, fresh mint leaves, and sugar-coated cranberries.
How to prepare this No-Bake Chocolate Biscuit Buche de Noel.
The recipe for this Buche de noel is very easy and quick. First, prepare the chocolate biscuit layer. For this, turn the digestive biscuits into crumbs. Prepare chocolate syrup with sugar, cocoa powder, butter and water. Let it cool slightly and mix with the biscuit crumbs.
For the white filling mix the cream cheese with powdered sugar, vanilla extract and desiccated coconut.
Roll the chocolate biscuit layer into a thin rectangle. Spread the coconut cream cheese filling on top. Gently rol into a log and refrigerate for about two hours to set.
Cut a section diagonally on one end and place the small piece with the diagonal cut side against the side of the roll.
Prepare the chocolate ganache and let it cool until thickens. Spread the ganache on top and sides of the Buche de noel. Use a fork to create lines so that it resembles more with a branch.
Sprinkle with desiccated coconut and decorate with fresh mint or rosemary and sugar coated cranberries.
Hope you will try this amazing No-bake Chocolate Biscuit Buche de Noel. Tag me on Instagram if you do and wish you all Happy Winter Holidays.
For more Buche de Noel ideas you may also like this Chocolate Coconut Buche de Noel with a chocolate sponge cake filled with white chocolate and mascarpone frosting enriched with caramelized coconut for extra flavor and texture. This Gingerbread Orange Cake Roll is simply bursting with Christmas flavor. For a delicate buche de noel idea you may like this festive Cranberry and White Chocolate Meringue Roll.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
No-Bake Chocolate Biscuit Cake
No-Bake Chocolate Biscuit Mocha Mousse Cake
Easy Australian Lamingtons
No-Bake Chocolate Biscuit Bûche De Noël (Yule Log)
Makes about 20 servings
Chocolate Biscuit Layer
- 14 oz 14 oz (400g) digestive biscuits
- 1/2 cup (100g) sugar
- 1/4 cup (30g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2/3 cup (160ml) water
- 5 tbsp (70g) butter
- 1 tsp (5g) rum extract
Coconut Cream Cheese Filling
- 10 oz (300g) cream cheese
- 2 cups (140g) desiccated unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup (60g) powdered sugar
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 4 oz (120g) semisweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup (120ml) whipping cream
- Desiccated coconut
- Fresh mint or rosemary
- Sugar-coated cranberries
Prepare the chocolate biscuit base.
- Place the biscuits into the bowl of a food processor and crush until crumbs form.
- Prepare the chocolate syrup. In a small saucepan add sugar and cocoa powder. Stir to combine and gradually add water, while stirring to combine well. Add the butter and place over medium heat. Bring to a boil for about 5 minutes stirring constantly. Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly for about 10-15 minutes.
- Add rum or vanilla extract. Pour the syrup over the biscuits and combine well using a spatula or spoon.
- Prepare the coconut cream cheese filling.
- In a medium bowl mix cream cheese with powdered sugar and vanilla extract. Add the coconut and mix to combine.
Assemble the roll.
- Place the chocolate biscuit base between two sheets of plastic wrap and use a rolling pin to roll it into a 10×16 inch (25×40cm) rectangle.
- Remove the plastic wrap on top.
- Gently spread the coconut mixture on top of the biscuit chocolate layer.
- Gently roll with the help of the plastic wrap from the bottom, to form a log.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours to set.
Prepare the chocolate ganache.
- Place chocolate and whipping cream in a heatproof bowl and place over a pan with simmering water. Melt over low heat.
- Let cool at room temperature until thickens.
- Remove the plastic wrap from the log. Cut the ends of the log.
- Cut about a 4-inch (10cm) section off one end. Cut the section diagonally on one end.
- Place the log and the section onto a serving platter.
- Place the small piece with the diagonal cut side against a side of the roll, to form a branch.
- Spread the ganache on top and sides of the cake. Leave the cut ends uncovered.
- Use a fork to create lines on the ganache.
- Sprinkle desiccated coconut.
- Decorate the buche de noel with fresh mint or rosemary and sugar-coated cranberries.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @homecookingadventure on Instagram and hashtag it #homecookingadventure.
Thank you for the recipe.
My children don’t like coconut so can I replace it with almond powder for example?
Thanks in advance for your answer
Yes.. you can use almonds or ground pecans instead. Sounds like a great idea.
What an easy and visually stunning dessert! Yes, the coconut texture and presence is strong, but reminiscent of a certain popular candy bar. Using a silicone brush to paint on the chocolate ganache created the wood striations naturally. It is a showstopper!