Indulge in the delightful flavors of lavender and honey with this heavenly dessert – a Lavender Honey Custard Tart! The buttery crust serves as the perfect base for the luscious cream and honey filling infused with the subtle floral notes of dried edible lavender. To balance the sweetness, a touch of flaky sea salt is added, which brings out the unique flavors of the ingredients.
The best part? This tart is incredibly easy to make, with just a few simple steps, so you can whip it up in no time and impress your guests with your culinary skills. Serve it as the perfect finale to your dinner party or enjoy it as a decadent treat on a lazy afternoon. Regardless of when or how you choose to savor it, this Lavender Honey Custard Tart is sure to leave a lasting impression!
How to make this lavender honey custard tard
Firstly you need to make the tart pastry. Start by mixing together the butter and the sugar until creamy. Add in the egg, mix well until combined. Add in all the dry ingredients and mix until combined. Press the dough onto the bottom and edges of a 7-inch (18cm) tart pan. Cut the excess dough. Put it in the freezer for at least an hour or overnight.
After the dough is chilled, you can start making the honey filling. In a saucepan bring to a simmer the whipping cream and lavender. Let it infuse for 10 minutes. In a large bowl mix together the melted butter, sugar, salt, cornmeal, honey and vanilla extract, until all is incorporated. Beat in the egg, the vinegar and the lavender whipping cream. Mix until incorporated. Take the tart shell out of the freezer and pour the honey mixture into it. Bake for 45-50 minutes at 350 F (180C), until the edges turn golden brown and the middle of the tart is a little bit jiggly. Set aside to cool completely and sprinkle with sea salt. Before serving decorate with whipped cream and chopped pecans if desired.
So why not impress your friends and family by whipping up a Lavender Honey Custard Tart for your next get-together? If you do try out this recipe, be sure to tag me on Instagram! I’d love to see your delicious creations and hear your thoughts on this amazing dessert. Enjoy!
Other honey desserts you may like to try
If you like honey cakes you must definitely try our Russian Honey Cake – Medovik. This traditional Russian dessert boasts a unique combination of creamy frosting and layers of honey-infused cake that will leave you wanting more. With its perfect balance of sweetness and texture, it is the perfect dessert for any occasion.
Take your love for chocolate to the next level with our Chocolate Honey Cake – Chocolate Medovik. This rich and creamy cake features layers of honey-infused chocolate cake filled with a luscious cream frosting that will satisfy your sweet tooth.
Enjoy the guilt-free indulgence of this Easy Refined Sugar-Free Chocolate Cake! This cake features all the rich and decadent flavors of a traditional chocolate cake, but without the refined sugar. Made with honey instead, this cake is perfect for those looking for a healthier alternative to satisfy their sweet cravings. With its simple and easy-to-follow recipe, you can enjoy this delicious cake in no time!
Lavender Honey Custard Tart
- 3 oz (90g) butter , softened
- 1/4 cup (50g) sugar
- 1/4 tsp (1g) salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (125g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (2g) edible lavender
Honey Cream Filling
- 1/4 cup (60g) unsalted butter , melted
- 1/3 cup (70g) caster sugar
- 1 tbsp (10g) cornmeal
- 1 tsp (5g) salt
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup (90g) honey
- 1/3 cup (80g) whipping cream
- 1 tsp (4g) cider vinegar
- 1 tsp (2g) edible lavender
Prepare the tart crust.
- You can make this a day ahead and keep it in the freezer.
- In a bowl beat butter on medium speed until creamy.
- Add the sugar, all at once and beat on medium speed until creamy.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the egg. Mix until combined.
- Add the flour, salt, and lavender, and mix on medium speed until the dough comes together.
- Press the dough onto the bottom and edges of a 7-inch (18cm) tart pan. Cut the excess dough.
- Put in the freezer for at least an hour or overnight.
Prepare the honey tart filling.
- Preheat the oven to 350F (180C).
- In a saucepan bring to a simmer the whipping cream and lavender. Let it infuse for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl mix together the melted butter, sugar, salt, cornmeal, honey, and vanilla extract, until all is incorporated.
- Beat in the egg, the vinegar and the infused whipping cream. Mix until incorporated.
- Take the tart shell out of the freezer and pour the honey mixture into it.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, until the middle of the tart is a little bit jiggly and the edges are golden brown.
- Set aside to cool completely and sprinkle with sea salt.