Did you know that you can still make a Vanilla Latte Macchiato or a cappuccino at home without having an Espresso Machine or a Steam Wand? All you need is a simple French press.
Lately I’ve been delighting each morning with a Vanilla Latte Macchiato, and I wanted to share this with you as it is so easy to prepare.
Latte Macchiato is as you all know a beverage that contains coffee and it differs from a caffe latte as the milk is added first in the glass and then the espresso and creates a “layered” drink that everybody loves.
So let’s enjoy this drink together. Happy mornings to everybody.
Vanilla Latte Macchiato
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 shot of espresso
- 1 ½ tsp sugar , optional
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (you can also use vanilla bean paste or vanilla bean)
- Cocoa powder for top
- Heat milk with vanilla and sugar if using. It is not necessary to boil it just make sure is hot.
- Prepare the espresso with either the French press, or as I do, with a simple traditional stovetop espresso maker. If you think it is too strong add some hot water to it.
- Pour the hot milk into the French press. Cover with the top and pump up and down until the desired froth is formed.
- Pour the frothy milk into a glass until almost full. Set aside for a minute to let the milk separate from the thick foam on top.
- Pour the espresso over the milk and you will see how it sets between milk and foam, creating this three layer effect.
- Sprinkle cocoa powder on top if desired and serve.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @homecookingadventure on Instagram and hashtag it #homecookingadventure.
now this makes a “good morning” indeed
I love making the frothy milk! I’ve been drinking green tea latte and I let the kids make the frothy milk for me (and I’m the only one who can drink hee hee). Gotta try espresso version next!
sip perfect concoction…perfectly timed for the celebrations 🙂
That photo is so pretty. I’ve got an espresso machine with steamer years ago, after doing a quick math on how much I was leaving at Starbucks each year… 🙂
Thanks for sharing this recipe! We just acquired a fancy espresso machine from our friends, so will be making some delicious coffee drinks. I love what I see on your blog, so just signed up to receive your posts!
Hello, Good afternoon, I live in Brazil, I love your recipes, but I would like to know what I can use in replacing the French press to froth the milk, for not meeting here. Thank you!
You can also use a Milk Frother like this one, it's even easier with it: https://www.ebay.com/bhp/ikea-milk-frother. Or with simply a whisk, like here: https://www.wikihow.com/Froth-Milk-for-Cappuccino-Without-Fancy-Tools
Very good idea. I drink it everyday.
Thanks a million!
Thanks For Sharing, Good Idea