Did you know that you can still make a Vanilla Latte Macchiato or a cappuccino at home without having an Espresso Machine or a Steam Wand? All you need is a simple French press.
Lately I’ve been delighting each morning with a Vanilla Latte Macchiato, and I wanted to share this with you as it is so easy to prepare.
Latte Macchiato is as you all know a beverage that contains coffee and it differs from a caffe latte as the milk is added first in the glass and then the espresso and creates a “layered” drink that everybody loves.
So let’s enjoy this drink together. Happy mornings to everybody.
Vanilla Latte Macchiato
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 shot of espresso
- 1 ½ tsp sugar , optional
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (you can also use vanilla bean paste or vanilla bean)
- Cocoa powder for top
- Heat milk with vanilla and sugar if using. It is not necessary to boil it just make sure is hot.
- Prepare the espresso with either the French press, or as I do, with a simple traditional stovetop espresso maker. If you think it is too strong add some hot water to it.
- Pour the hot milk into the French press. Cover with the top and pump up and down until the desired froth is formed.
- Pour the frothy milk into a glass until almost full. Set aside for a minute to let the milk separate from the thick foam on top.
- Pour the espresso over the milk and you will see how it sets between milk and foam, creating this three layer effect.
- Sprinkle cocoa powder on top if desired and serve.