- Breakfast Muffins - Refined Sugar Free Muffins
- Kvæfjordkake - Norwegian Verdens Beste - World's Best Cake
- Baked Mini Cinnamon Sugar Donuts (no yeast, no eggs)
- No-Bake White Chocolate Oreo Cheesecake
- Easy Three Cheese Stuffed Shells
- Chocolate Milk Slice Cake - Kinder Chocolate Milk Slice
- No-bake Berry Lemon Yogurt Mousse Cake
- Eggless Chocolate Banana Cake
Basque Burnt Cheesecake
Watch the video for this recipe:
Basque Burnt Cheesecake, inspired by La Vina from San Sebastian, Spain is one of the best cheesecakes ever, not only because of its amazing flavor but also because of its simplicity and roughly way of preparing.
There is no way you can go wrong with this recipe. No fancy steps.. even the parchment paper is lined in a very roughly way… no need to worry about the oven temperature, water bath baking or about leaving it to cool slightly in the oven … doesn't even matter if it cracks … or even burn. Actually it is supposed to let it burn a little… that’s the beauty of this cheesecake, the way it creates a caramelized burnt top.
What can I say more... I love it… totally love it… my family loved it too. Very light, airy with a creamy texture, a hint of vanilla… we definitely fell in love with it. Hope you will try it out and see for yourself, I am quite sure you will feel the same. Enjoy!
- Makes about 8-10 servings
- 25 oz (700g) cream cheese
- 1 cup (200g) sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup (360ml) whipping cream
- 3/4 tsp (4g) salt
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (30g) flour
- Preheat oven to 400F (200C). Grease with butter an 8 inch (20cm) springform pan. Line the pan with 2 sheets of parchment paper, in such a way to make sure it comes about 2 inches (5cm) above the pan. The sheets are lined in a pretty roughly way, creased in some places. Place the pan into a rimmed baking sheet.
- In a large bow mix cream cheese with sugar and salt until well combined. With mixer on medium speed, incorporate eggs, one at a time.
- Add vanilla and cream and mix to incorporate.
- With mixer on low incorporate flour.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 60 minutes, until deep golden brown but still jiggly in the center. If it burns too fast while baking, cover with aluminum foil.
- Let cool to room temperature before serving. As it cools the cheesecake will deflate slightly.
- It is best to be served at room temperature. Refrigerate the leftovers, and bring to room temperature before serving.