These Mini Cheesecakes are delightful bite-sized mini desserts, perfect for upcoming Valentine’s Day. They have an Oreo crust and a creamy, tangy cream cheese filling and are beautifully and simply decorated with whipped cream and fresh strawberry heart slices. With their creamy texture and rich flavor, these mini cheesecakes are a dessert that is sure to please.
How to make Mini Cheesecakes
These petite desserts are very easy to make and require less time of baking than a regular cheesecake.
First, prepare the crust. Place the cookies in the bowl of a food processor and blend until crumbs form. If you don’t have a processor, place the cookies into a zip bag and press with a rolling pin until crumbs form.
Add melted butter over the cookie crumbs and mix until evenly moistened. Divide the mixture evenly into the bottom of 12 muffin cup liners and press firmly using the back of a spoon. Bake for 5 minutes and let cool slightly before adding the cream cheese filling.
For the cream cheese filling, mix the cream cheese with sugar, salt, and vanilla extract until well combined. Add eggs one at a time until fully incorporated and mix in the sour cream. This will take just a few minutes as it is important to not overmix the mixture and to incorporate as less air as possible. Otherwise, the cheesecakes might crack in the oven.
Divide the cream cheese filling over the baked crust and bake the mini cheesecakes at a low temperature for 18-20 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool completely at room temperature.
Always refrigerate the mini cheesecakes before serving for at least 4-6 hours or even better overnight.
Decorate as desired and hope you will enjoy them as much as we did. If you try them out don’t forget to tag me on Instagram. Would love to see your creations.
Other mini desserts perfect for Valentine’s Day
This Red Velvet Lava Cake is one of our favorite mini desserts you can prepare for your loved ones on special occasions. It is rich and decadent and very flavorful. This Chocolate Panna Cotta is another mini dessert you may like to try and is very easy to prepare. It is rich, chocolatey, and creamy, perfect for celebrating Valentine’s Day. These Raspberry Chocolate Cups are chocolatey and flavorful, a chocolate lover’s dream come true. If you don’t have too much time you might like to try this 1 Minute – Chocolate Raspberry Mug Cake and delight your loved one with an amazing chocolatey treat.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies
Chocolate Pudding Cake
- 5 oz (150g) Oreo cookies
- 3 tbsp (45g) unsalted butter , melted
Cream Cheese Filling
- 14 oz (400g) cream cheese , at room temperature
- 1/3 cup (70g) sugar
- 1/4 tsp (1g) salt
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs , at room temperature
- 1/3 cup (80g) sour cream , at room temperature
- whipped cream
- fresh strawberry slices
Prepare the crust.
- Preheat the oven to 350F (180C).
- Place the oreo cookies into the bowl of a food processor and crush until crumbs form. Add melted butter and process until evenly moistened.
- Divide the mixture evenly into the bottom of 12 muffin cup liners and press firmly using the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 5 minutes. Remove and let cool slightly.
Prepare the cream cheese filling.
- Reduce oven temperature to 320F (160C).
- In a large bowl mix cream cheese with sugar, salt, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time, until well incorporated. Add the sour cream and mix to combine. Don’t overmix the mixture, incorporate as little air as possible.
- Divide the filling evenly over the prepared 12 cups.
- Bake for about 18-20 minutes.
- Let cool in the pan at room temperature.
- Refrigerate the mini cheesecakes for at least 4-6 hours or overnight.
- Decorate with whipped cream and strawberry slices. Enjoy!
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @homecookingadventure on Instagram and hashtag it #homecookingadventure.