This decadent Pecan Pie Cheesecake is a divine fusion of two classic desserts, the rich, velvety goodness of traditional cheesecake with the comforting, nutty charm of pecan pie. It is ideal dessert for autumn and a great addition to your Thanksgiving feast.
It consists of a buttery cookie and toasted pecan crust with a luscious layer of creamy cheesecake. The cheesecake is topped generously with a pecan pie topping that has a rich, gooey caramel-like consistency.
The toasted pecans in the topping bring a satisfying crunch, creating a contrast to the smooth and creamy texture of the cheesecake beneath. This combination of velvety cheesecake, sweet caramel, and crunchy pecans makes each bite a flavorful and satisfying experience.
How to make Pecan Pie Cheesecake
Begin with preheating the oven to 300°F (150°C) to toast the pecans. Put the pecans for the crust and topping on a baking sheet. Let them toast for 15 minutes, then take them out and let them cool.
How to prepare the crust.
Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and line an 8-inch (20cm) springform pan with parchment paper. Take the graham crackers or digestive biscuits, put them in a food processor, and crush them until crumbs form.
Add sugar, ground toasted pecans, cinnamon, and melted butter. Mix until it’s all evenly moistened. Press this mixture into the bottom of the pan with a spoon. Bake for 10-13 minutes and set it aside to cool completely.
Lower the oven temperature to 300°F (150°C).
How to prepare the cream cheese filling.
In a big bowl, make the cream cheese smooth. Add brown sugar, salt, ground cinnamon, and cornstarch. Mix it all up. Add eggs one at a time, making sure each one gets mixed in. Add vanilla extract and sour cream. Mix until it’s well combined. Be careful not to overmix to keep as little air as possible.
Pour this creamy mixture over the crust. Bake for 45 minutes. Turn off the heat and leave it for another hour in the oven. Take it out, run a sharp knife around the inside edge of the pan, and let it cool completely at room temperature. Cover it up and put it in the fridge overnight.
How to prepare the Pecan Pie Topping.
In a saucepan, put butter, brown sugar, whipping cream, and salt. Heat it over medium heat, stir until the butter melts, and the sugar dissolves. Bring it to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 1–2 minutes.
Add the toasted pecans and take it off the heat. Let it cool a bit. It will thicken as it cools. Top the cheesecake with this delightful pecan pie filling. Now, it’s time to enjoy!
Hope you give this incredible cheesecake a try. If you do make sure to share the photos with me on Instagram. Would love to see how it turns out for you.
Other Pecan Desserts you may like to try
This Pecan Caramel Mousse Cake is an elegant delightful cake that is perfect for fall days and especially for Thanksgiving table. The cake consists of two layers of vanilla sponge cake with caramel pecan topping and with a smooth custard salted caramel mousse filling.
This Chocolate Pecan Pie is a rich chocolaty nutty dessert perfect for fall days and holiday season. Flaky buttery pie crust filled with crunchy pecans and chocolate filling… by far one of the best combinations ever.
This No-bake Chocolate Pecan Pie with Meringue Topping is a super tasty and easy dessert to make. It has a crunchy buttery cookie crust filled with a delicious toasted pecan caramel filling. Plus, it’s topped with chocolate ganache and a lot of smooth, silky meringue topping.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
Pecan Upside Down Cake
Apple Pecan Caramel Mousse Cake
Caramel Pecan Pumpkin Roll
Puff Pastry Caramel Slice – Caramel Custard Cake
Apple Pie Bars
Banana Caramel Chocolate Mousse Cake
Skillet Sweet Potato Bread with Pecan Cranberry Cheese Dip
Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Goat Cheese and Candied Bacon
15 Last-Minute Thanksgiving Desserts
Chocolate Caramel Mousse Cake
Pumpkin Walnut Chocolate Chip Cookies
Best Ever Refined Sugar Free Carrot Cake
Caramel Apple Crisp Cheesecake
Apple Walnut Caramel Cake
Caramel Carrot Cake
Walnut Caramel Mirror Cake
Pecan Pie Cheesecake
For the Crust
- 7 oz (200g) digestive biscuits or graham crackers
- 2 tbsp (30g) sugar
- 1/4 tsp (1g) ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup ground toasted pecans
- 1/4 cup (60g) unsalted butter , melted
For the Cream Cheese Filling
- 25 oz (700g) cream cheese , room temperature
- 1/2 cup (100g) brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2g) ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp (8g) cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp (2g) salt
- 3 large eggs , room temperature
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (180g) sour cream
Pecan Pie Topping
- 1/4 cup (60g) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup (100g) dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (80g) whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp (2g) ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp (1g) salt
- 1 ½ cups (150g) toasted pecan halves
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- First, toast the pecans. Preheat the oven to 300°F (150°C).
- Place the pecans for both the crust and topping on a baking sheet and let them toast for 15 minutes in the oven.
- Remove and let them cool.
Prepare the crust.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and line with parchment paper an 8-inch (20cm) springform pan (with a removable base).
- Place the crackers or digestive biscuits into the bowl of a food processor and crush until crumbs form. Add sugar, ground toasted pecans, cinnamon and melted butter and mix until evenly moistened.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of the pan using the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes. Set aside to cool completely.
Prepare the cream cheese filling.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300°F (150°C).
- In a large bowl mix the cream cheese until smooth. Add brown sugar, salt, ground cinnamon and cornstarch and mix until combined.
- Add eggs one at a time until each egg is incorporated. Add vanilla extract and sour cream. Mix until well combined. Try to not overmix the batter to incorporate as little air as possible.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture over the prepared crust.
- Bake at 300°F (150°C) for 45 minutes. Turn off the heat and leave it for another hour in the oven.
- Remove and run a sharp knife around the inside edge of the pan. Let it cool completely at room temperature. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Prepare the pecan pie topping.
- In a medium saucepan add the butter, brown sugar, whipping cream and salt and place over medium heat.
- Stir until butter has melted and sugar is dissolved.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 1–2 minutes.
- Add the toasted pecans and remove from heat.
- Let it cool slightly.
- Top the cheesecake with the pecan pie filling. Enjoy!