Whenever you want to create an easy irresistible dessert, brownies should always be on your list. When turned into red velvet cheesecake brownies they really are a decadent treat perfect for upcoming Valentine’s Day.
Not only is it easy to prepare but the results are always so satisfying with quite little effort. To take brownies to an even more delightful and elegant level, top it with a swirl of cream cheese, you will definitely love it.
For serving these red velvet cheesecake brownies I paired them with more vanilla in the form of vanilla ice cream and more chocolate in the shape of chocolate lace cups. So, when serving this amazing treat we have a moist, rich and dense brownie at the bottom with a cream cheese swirl on top, cut into heart shapes or simply into squares, paired with a good dollop of vanilla ice cream and a bit of crunch from chocolate lace cups on top. We definitely enjoyed it, hope you will too.
Red Velvet Lava Cake
Chocolate Panna Cotta
Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies with Chocolate Lace Cups
- 2.5 oz (70g) semisweet chocolate (55-70%)
- 1/2 cup (113g) butter
- 3/4 cup (150g) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp (8g) cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp (2g) salt
- 1/2 cup (60g) all-purpose flour
- red food coloring gel
- 3/4 tsp (4ml) white vinegar
For Cream Cheese Swirl
- 8 oz (230g) cream cheese , room temperature
- 1/4 cup (50g) sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 tsp (3g) vanilla extract
Chocolate Lace Cups
- 4 oz (120g) semisweet chocolate (55-70%)
- 1.5 oz (40g) semisweet chocolate (55-70%) , for tempering
- vanilla ice cream , optional
- Prepare red velvet cheesecake brownies.
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C). Butter the sides and bottom of a 8 inch (20cm) springform pan and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a medium bowl, over bain-marie, stirring occasionally, until smooth. Remove the pan from heat but keep the bowl over the water. Stir in the sugar, then remove the bowl from the pan. Cool slightly.
- Incorporate the eggs one at a time into the mixture and whisk until well combined. Stir in the vanilla extract, salt, cocoa powder, red food coloring gel and vinegar.Then add the flour and stir well.
- Reserve about 3 or 4 tablespoons of batter for later and pour the rest in the prepared pan.
- Add cream cheese into a medium bowl and stir until smooth. Add sugar, vanilla and egg yolk and mix to combine.
- Add spoons of cream cheese mixture on top of brownie batter. Add teaspoons of reserved brownie on top. Use a skewer to create swirls.
- Bake for about 28-30 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with a few moist crumbs sticking to it.
- Remove the brownie from the oven and cool completely.
- Meanwhile, prepare chocolate lace cups. Cover the outside of 2 bowls with aluminum foil and press well. Place them in the freezer until you melt the chocolate. Melt 4 oz (120g) semisweet chocolate over bain-marie. Remove from heat and add 1.5 oz (40g) chopped semisweet chocolate for tempering. Stir until melted.
- Transfer into a piping bag. Make a small cut. Over the cold bowls pipe the chocolate in circular motion overlapping the circles until you cover all the surface of the bowls. Refrigerate to set.
- Before it sets completely cut the excess chocolate from the bottom.
- Refrigerate to set until ready to use.
- When brownie is completely cooled cut the edges.Use a medium heart shape to cut hearts of red velvet brownies.
- Place the hearts on serving plates. Top with your favorite ice cream and top with chocolate lace cups. Enjoy!
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @homecookingadventure on Instagram and hashtag it #homecookingadventure.
Please vidro this dessert
First of all, thanks for all the lovely recipes you share!
At step 4 of the ‘Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies with Chocolate Lace Cups’ you missed to mention that you have to add the cocoa powder. In the end I had my tablespoon of cocoa powder still on the counter while my brownie was in the oven. Hopefully it still tastes good!
thank you for letting me know.. fixed.. hope you enjoyed the cake 🙂
Espectacular y delicioso muchas gracias por compartir.
This is a great recipe and I have made it a lot of times for family and friends. They love it.
I noticed that when I clicked the measurement buttons (1x, 2x, 3x), the cups and ounces change but the gram measurements do not. Not sure if that is a glitch some where. Just letting you know.
I have a question as well, how many days will these brownies keep for? Also can they be frozen? 😀
Yes.. we have noticed, thank you for trying to help 🙂 it’s something we have to fix somehow… As for the brownies.. being with cream cheese I would recommend not more than 3 max 4 days or freeze for later use.
Ah. I see. Ok. Thank you! ❤️ The recipe has been a real hit with everyone I have baked it for.