Main Dish RecipesDessert RecipesBreakfast RecipesAppetizer RecipesBread RecipesSoup RecipesSalad RecipesDrink RecipesHealthy RecipesThanksgiving RecipesChristmas Recipes
- Oatmeal Lace Cookie Cups with Whipped Chocolate Ganache and Strawberry Jam
- Vegetable Egg Rolls - Fried or Baked
- Chocolate Terrine with Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies with Chocolate Lace Cups
- Basque Burnt Cheesecake
- Chocolate Mocha Fault Line Cake with Chocolate Sail
- Crispy Onion Rings
- Croque en Bouche or Croquembouche
Blueberry and Strawberry Yogurt Ice Cream
Posted on July 30, 2012
I definitely love ice cream. Who doesn't? It is hard to resist ice cream. A while ago I decided to make homemade ice cream as much as I can as it is a healthier alternative to the store ones especially since I have children.
Recently I discovered frozen yogurt and I like it so much that I am determined to try as many variations as possible this summer. Fruits and yogurt, frozen and smooth, served into waffle cones.. what ice cream can be healthier than that? I love when my little daughter is calling for my pink ice cream in a cone and not feel guilty for giving her.
The blueberry and strawberry yogurt ice cream is just great. We loved it so much that I could hardly keep some for a photo session. I consider it a very easy recipe and the best part is that you don't need an ice cream maker for that.
10 mins + 4 hrs yogurt draining+ freezing
- Makes about 4-6 servings
- 850 g yogurt
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 banana
- 4 tbsp honey
- Place a cheesecloth over a sieve. Put the sieve over a bowl, pour the yogurt in the prepared sieve and refrigerate for about 3 to 4 hours to drain.
- Put the strained yogurt in the bowl of the blender, add the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Pour the yogurt mixture in a covered storage container and place in the freezer. After an half an hour stir again to break up the ice crystals. Stir every 30 minutes for two or three times more or until it reaches the desired consistency.
- Serve in bowl or waffle cones and sprinkle with fresh blueberries.
Nutrition facts 1 Serving - Calories:176, Fat:1.8 g, Saturated Fat:1.4 g, Unsaturated Fat:0.0 g, Carbohydrates:29.9 g, Sugar:26.6 g, Fiber:1.3 g, Protein:8.4 g, Cholesterol:9 mg, Calories from Fat 16, Sodium 100 mg, Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 22%, Calcium 27%, Iron 2%, Nutrition Grade A-, Daily Percent Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.