- Oatmeal Lace Cookie Cups with Whipped Chocolate Ganache and Strawberry Jam
- Vegetable Egg Rolls - Fried or Baked
- Chocolate Terrine with Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies with Chocolate Lace Cups
- Basque Burnt Cheesecake
- Chocolate Mocha Fault Line Cake with Chocolate Sail
- Crispy Onion Rings
- Croque en Bouche or Croquembouche
I discovered Cantucci biscuits only recently and really find them irresistible. They are easy to make and really worth all the effort as the store bought ones are quite expensive.
This is a classical recipe for Cantucci biscuits, from the Italian cuisine, crunchy and nutty perfect for coffee breaks and tea time or as a snack for kids over the day.
- Makes about 28 cantucci
- 30 g butter
- 300 g flour
- 250 g brown sugar
- 150 g nuts
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 or 3 tbsp grated orange zest
- Preheat the over to 350°F (180°C).
- Mix the brown sugar, vanilla extract and eggs together till the color turns a pale yellow. Then add the butter, nuts and orange zest and mix well.
- In another bowl whisk the flour, baking powder and salt.Pour the flour mixture over the egg mixture and using a spatula continue to stir.
- From the dough resulted form 2 small loaves and bake them for about 20-25 minutes. Remove from the oven, let them cool and cut the loaves into 1 cm thick pieces.
- After that, put them back in the oven for another 10-15 minutes and let them dry out until they turn golden brown. They are great to serve right away and can be conserved for many days in a sealed container.