- Chocolate Norwegian Cake - Chocolate Verdens Beste
- Breakfast Muffins - Refined Sugar Free Muffins
- Kvæfjordkake - Norwegian Verdens Beste - World's Best Cake
- Baked Mini Cinnamon Sugar Donuts (no yeast, no eggs)
- No-Bake White Chocolate Oreo Cheesecake
- Easy Three Cheese Stuffed Shells
- Chocolate Milk Slice Cake - Kinder Chocolate Milk Slice
- No-bake Berry Lemon Yogurt Mousse Cake
Flourless Chocolate Cake with Coffee Mousse
Watch the video for this recipe:
This Flourless Chocolate Cake with Coffee Mousse is one of my favorite decadent cakes that I’ve been wanting to share with you for quite some time. The flourless chocolate cake at the base is rich, chocolaty, dense and fudgy while the coffee mousse on top is full of aroma, soft and airy. Chocolate and coffee have always made such a great pair and in this form it is absolutely heavenly. This is by far a rich cake for chocolate lovers, who will start to love chocolate even more from now on.
The recipe is easy to prepare and you don't need too many ingredients to make this unforgettable dessert. Even if this was not made on-purpose it is a gluten-free dessert, which makes it great even for those who have gluten intolerance. Try this recipe as soon as possible, it is a must for this year :)
- Makes about 8-10 servings
- Flourless Chocolate Cake
- 1/2 cup (110g) butter
- 5 oz (150g) semisweet chocolate
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup (100g) sugar
- 1 tbsp (8g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- pinch of salt
- Coffee Mousse
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup (100g) sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp (12g) cornstarch
- 2/3 cup (160ml) warm milk
- 1/2 tsp (3g) vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp (4g) instant coffee
- 1/2 tbsp (5g) gelatin powder
- 2 tbsp cold water
- 1 cup (240g) whipping cream, 35% fat, chilled
- Grease and line a 8-inch (20 cm) springform pan (with a removable base) with parchment paper. Separate egg yolks from whites. Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Melt chocolate and butter over a bain-marie until smooth. Let it cool slightly. Add yolks one at a time and stir well.Stir in cocoa powder and salt.
- Whip egg whites until foamy using a mixer. Gradually add sugar and whip until stiff peaks form. Gently fold the whipped whites into chocolate mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 25 minutes. Let it cool completely in the pan over a cooling rack.
- Prepare the coffee mousse. Stir egg yolks with sugar until creamy and pale yellow colored. Stir in cornstarch. Gradually whisk in the warm milk until completely combined.
- Place the yolks mixture into a small saucepan and cook over low heat while stirring until boils and thickens.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract and instant coffee. Let it cool.
- Dissolve gelatin in 2 tbsp cold water and let it swell for about 5 to 10 minutes. Place over low heat just until the gelatin dissolves and then pour it over coffee mixture.
- Whip the the cold whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Gradually incorporate into coffee mixture.
- Spread the coffee mousse over the chocolate cake in the pan, using an offset spatula.
- Cover and refrigerate for about 4 hrs or overnight to set before serving.
- Run a warm knife around the edges of the cake to remove the sides of the pan.
- Dust the top of the cake with cocoa powder.
- Using a warm knife cut the cake into slices and serve.