- Easy Sourdough Bread
- Sourdough Starter from Scratch
- Easy Blueberry Muffins
- Easy Homemade Bread - 4 Ingredient Bread
- Irish Shepherd’s Pie
- Tortilla de Patatas - Spanish Omelette - Tortilla Española
- Oatmeal Lace Cookie Cups with Whipped Chocolate Ganache and Strawberry Jam
- Vegetable Egg Rolls - Fried or Baked
Mashed Potato Pancakes
Here is another delicious recipe that uses one of my favorite vegetables - Potato. Was looking for a good recipe for mashed potato pancakes and ran over this recipe which I favored so I gave it a try. I used about 3 small potatoes and boiled them with their skin on, let them cool a little and then mashed them to get my good cup of mashed potatoes.
- Makes 2-3 servings (8-9 pancakes)
- 1 cup mashed potatoes (about 3 small potatoes)
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup green onions (about 2 spring onions )
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- In a large bowl, using a fork, stir together mashed potatoes, egg, flour, onions, salt and pepper.
- In a plate add about 2 tbsp of whole wheat flour. Fill an ice cream scoop with the mixture and form the pancakes with your hands and pass them in a little flour.
- Heat oil over medium high heat in a nonstick pan. Cook pancakes on each side for about 4 to 5 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove the pancakes to a plate lined with paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Serve warm with sour cream or your favorite dipping sauce or salad.