Nutella Stuffed Chocolate Cookies
Watch the video for this recipe:
If you like chocolate, cookies and especially Nutella this is the right recipe for you. Decadent, rich, soft and chewy chocolaty cookies stuffed with melted Nutella, makes them simply irresistible.
I like to add salt and coffee almost every time I do chocolate recipes as both enhance the chocolate flavor, thus these Nutella Stuffed Chocolate Cookies have a great balance between sweet, salty, chocolate and nutty flavor. By far one of the best cookies ever.
- Makes about 12-13 cookies
- about 1/2 cup (150-180g) Nutella
- 1 cup (125g) all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup (40g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp (3g) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (3g) salt
- 1/2 tsp (1g) instant coffee
- 1/2 cup (113g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup (75g) packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (70g) sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup (60g) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper. Drop 12-13 teaspoons of Nutella and freeze for 30 minutes to 1 hour until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl whisk flour with cocoa powder, instant coffee, salt and baking soda. Set aside until ready to use.
- In another bowl mix the butter with both sugars until creamy. Add egg and vanilla and mix until well incorporated.
- Use a wooden spoon or spatula to gradually incorporate flour mixture and chocolate chips.
- Remove the Nutella teaspoons from the freezer. Dust your palm with cocoa powder and take large spoons of cookie dough, flatten on your palm, add Nutella and wrap the dough around Nutella and roll into balls. Place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, remove and let to cool on the baking sheet for at least 5 minutes. Transfer the cookies to a cooling rack to cool slightly.
- Serve while still a bit warm alongside a cup of milk. Enjoy!