- Easy Sourdough Bread
- Sourdough Starter from Scratch
- Easy Blueberry Muffins
- Easy Homemade Bread - 4 Ingredient Bread
- Irish Shepherd’s Pie
- Tortilla de Patatas - Spanish Omelette - Tortilla Española
- Oatmeal Lace Cookie Cups with Whipped Chocolate Ganache and Strawberry Jam
- Vegetable Egg Rolls - Fried or Baked
Watch the video for this recipe:
Who doesn’t love pizza especially if made in bite size shapes. Homemade buttery dough filled with pizza toppings, rolled into small treats and served hot is simply hard to resist.
These pizza pinwheels make a great appetizer for any family gathering or party. Whenever I want to make pinwheels from scratch this is the dough recipe I like to work with. But if in a hurry you can use store-bought puff pastry, pizza or crescent roll dough.
For extra flavor I suggest you to try this homemade tomato pizza sauce to spread over the dough. It is very flavorful and makes the pinwheels even more irresistible.
Serve these pinwheels right after baking to enjoy the great texture of the buttery dough with melted cheese and hot pepperoni. Use your favorite dip and enjoy.
- Makes about 32 pinwheels
- 3 cups (375g) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp (1g) salt
- 7 oz (200g) butter, chilled, cut in small cubes
- 10g fresh yeast (1 tsp active dry yeast)
- 1/4 cup (55 ml) milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Tomato Pizza Sauce
- 1 cup (100g) Mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup (50g) Parmesan cheese
- 3 oz (80g) Pepperoni slices
- For brushing
- 1 small egg, beaten
- fresh basil leaves
- Dissolve the fresh yeast in the milk. In a large bowl whisk flour and salt. Add butter and using a fork or a pastry cutter cut the butter until the pieces are no bigger than peas.
- Add dissolved yeast and eggs over the flour mixture. Knead until all flour is incorporated.
- Cover with plastic and refrigerate for about 1-2 hours to let the yeast develop.
- Meanwhile prepare the tomato pizza sauce. Recipe here .
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
- On a floured surface divide dough into two pieces. Roll each piece into a 15x10 inch (40x25cm) rectangular.
- Spread tomato pizza sauce, half of Mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese and pepperoni slices on each piece of dough.
- Roll the dough and cut 1 inch (2.5 cm) slices.
- Place the rolls on parchment paper lined baking sheets. Brush with beaten egg.
- Bake for 20 minutes until lightly golden brown.
- Serve with tomato pizza sauce and fresh basil leaves.