- Veggie Burgers - Sweet Potato Burger Patties
- Double Chocolate Rum Cookies
- Pistachio Raspberry Lime Mousse Cake
- Christmas Wreath - Christmas Braided Bread
- Christmas Chocolate Cookie Cups
- Gingerbread Orange Cake Roll
- Cranberry Pistachio Fudge without Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Triple Chocolate Cranberry Mousse Cake
Tomato Pizza Sauce
If you plan to make pizza at home I highly recommend using homemade pizza sauce, it can make a big difference and your pizza will definitely tastes better.
This tomato pizza sauce is very flavorful due to all the seasonings used and takes no more than 15 minutes to prepare. Once you will get used with homemade tomato sauce you will never buy tomato sauce again. Even though this sauce can be frozen for later use It is so easy that you almost don’t need to make it in advance.
This sauce can be used on pizza but not only, it goes well with pasta or simply as a dipping sauce for various dishes.
- Makes about 1 1/2 cup sauce
- 14 oz (400g) can diced tomatoes (or 3,4 fresh tomatoes, peeled and diced)
- 1 tbsp (14g) olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp (3g) sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp (1g) dry oregano
- 1 tsp (1g) dry basil
- red pepper flakes, optional
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a medium sauce pan heat oil over medium-low heat. Add garlic, cook few seconds then stir in diced tomatoes. Add sugar, basil, oregano, bay leaf, pepper flakes if used, salt and pepper.
Bring to a simmer and cook for about 10 minutes or until it has the right consistency for spreading on your pizza.
- When done, remove from heat and let cool slightly before using on your pizza.
- It keeps well refrigerated for up to a week or freeze until ready to use.