- Vegetable Egg Rolls - Fried or Baked
- Chocolate Terrine with Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies with Chocolate Lace Cups
- Basque Burnt Cheesecake
- Chocolate Mocha Fault Line Cake with Chocolate Sail
- Crispy Onion Rings
- Croque en Bouche or Croquembouche
- Spinach and Shiitake Mushroom Stuffing
Red Wine Sangria
Ever since I visited Barcelona this summer I've promised some of you to share a traditional recipe for red wine Sangria. As you know Sangria is one of the most popular drinks in Spain. There is nothing better in a hot summer day than take a moment of respite and enjoy a cold Sangria over ice in the company of your beloved friends.
Sangria is the kind of drink perfect for parties, family gatherings as it is quick, easy to prepare and can be made a day in advance.
All you need is a dry red wine, some fruits, your favorite brandy or liqueur and some sparkling water. Simple as that. In no more than 10 minutes this beautiful, colorful cocktail is done. The only thing is that is better to let it chill for at least 4 hours and even better overnight so the flavors combine, all the juices from fruits adding sweetness and aroma to the red wine.
I was quite excited about this recipe as it is very similar in taste and look like the ones served in Spain. Though Sangria is it often served during summer this is definitely a recipe worth making all year-round.
Recipe adapted after foodnetwork
- Makes about 4 servings
- 1 bottle (750ml) dry red wine, like Rioja, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon
- 1/2 cup brandy or your favorite liqueur
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 orange
- 1 lemon
- 1 apple
- 1 cup sparkling water
- ice cubes for serving
- Squeeze the orange juice into a bowl.
- Cut the orange, apple and lemon into thin slices. Transfer the fruits into the pitcher.
- Add sugar, orange juice and wine over the fruits.
- Add the brandy or liqueur. Stir to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight before serving.
- Before serving pour the sparkling water and serve in glasses filled with ice and fruits.