This Giant Apple Cinnamon Roll is a comforting fall dessert perfect for apple season. It is bursting with cinnamon flavor and wonderfully complements the tender apples inside. Serve while still slightly warm with a generous amount of cinnamon cream cheese icing.
How to make this giant apple cinnamon roll.
The recipe is easy and pretty fun to prepare. It requires only a few ingredients you may already have in your pantry. No need for eggs, yeast or waiting for the dough to double in size. In less than 20 minutes this giant roll can be ready for baking.
First, you need to prepare the dough. For this, you simply need to whisk together the dry ingredients and then add the wet ingredients. Knead for a few minutes until the dough is smooth and pulls away from the sides of the bowl. Set aside the dough until you prepare the filling.
For this, mix melted butter with sugar and cinnamon and set aside. Peel and core a large apple or two smaller ones and cut into small cubes.
Roll the dough into a rectangle. Spread the butter-cinnamon mixture and add the apples. Cut into six equal strips. Roll the first strip, place it on top of the other and continue rolling until all strips are rolled. Press slightly and transfer to baking pan. Bake until golden for about 25 minutes, covering with aluminum foil if browns too fast.
While baking you can prepare the cinnamon cream cheese icing.
If you like easy and quick apple recipes you may also like this Stovetop Apple Upside Down Cake. You also have to give a try to these Apple Crisp Pancakes which are simply delightful and a great choice for breakfast. Another quick recipe is this Apple Crumble which can be served as dessert with whipped cream or ice cream or for breakfast alongside some yogurt.
Hope you will try this giant apple cinnamon roll and as always, don’t forget to let me know how it turned out for you. Enjoy!
No-Yeast Giant Apple Cinnamon Rolls
- 2 cups (250g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (4g) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (3g) baking soda
- 2 tbsp (30g) sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2g) salt
- 1/4 cup (60ml) milk
- 1/2 cup (120g) plain yogurt
- 3 tbsp (40g) unsalted butter , melted
Apple Cinnamon Filling
- 2 tbsp (30g) butter , melted
- 2 tsp (6g) ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup (70g) light brown sugar
- 1 large apple (about 7 oz – 200g) , cut into small cubes
Cinnamon Cream Cheese Icing
- 8 oz (230g) cream cheese , at room temperature
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp (2g) cinnamon
- 3/4 cup (90g) powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease with butter a 8-inch (20cm) round pan and line with it parchment paper.
Prepare the dough.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour with baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar.
- Add plain yogurt, melted butter and milk and mix to combine. Knead for a few minutes until the dough is smooth and pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
Prepare the filling.
- In a small bowl combine filling ingredients, sugar with melted butter and ground cinnamon and set aside.
- Peel and core the apples, and cut into small cubes.
Prepare the giant roll.
- On a floured surface roll the dough into a 10×14 inch (25x35cm) rectangle.
- Spread the butter and cinnamon mixture over the top of the rectangle.
- Spread the apple pieces and press lightly.
- Cut into 6 equal strips.
- Roll the first strip. Place it on top of the next strip and continue rolling until all strips are rolled.
- Place the giant roll into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden and cooked through. If browns too fast cover with aluminum foil.
Prepare the cinnamon cream cheese icing.
- In a medium bowl mix cream cheese with powdered sugar and cinnamon powder.
- Cut the giant cinnamon roll into slices and top with cream cheese icing. Enjoy!