- Oatmeal Lace Cookie Cups with Whipped Chocolate Ganache and Strawberry Jam
- Vegetable Egg Rolls - Fried or Baked
- Chocolate Terrine with Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies with Chocolate Lace Cups
- Basque Burnt Cheesecake
- Chocolate Mocha Fault Line Cake with Chocolate Sail
- Crispy Onion Rings
- Croque en Bouche or Croquembouche
Roasted Sweet Potato Salad
One day I was looking in some food magazines while waiting for my daughter to finish her ballet lesson. I came across this sweet potato salad which drew my attention. It is an easy recipe made with sweet potatoes instead of regular ones. Loved the idea as caramelized roasted sweet potatoes are so flavorful. Combined with herb dressing, nuts and feta makes a perfect light summer salad.
I gave this recipe a try and we all loved it so I decided to share it with you. Making the salad with sweet potatoes made it a unique, elegant dish. A combination of sweet, salty, crunchy bring all together a healthy delicious salad that can be served as it is as a light meal or as a side dish.
So if you are searching for a different way to create a potato salad this is a delicious way to do it.
- Adapted after GoodFood magazine
- Makes 2 servings
- 1 pound sweet potatoes
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 1 tbsp raw hazelnuts, toasted
- 1 spring onion
- Fresh parsley
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (180C).
Peel and cut sweet potatoes in large chunks.
Toss with olive oil and some salt. Place on a baking sheet and roast for about 30-35 minutes until caramelized and tender. Set aside to cool.
Chop raw hazelnuts and toast on a hot pan.
For the dressing chop onion and parsley and place on a bowl.
Add honey, olive oil and vinger. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the potatoes onto a serving platter. Drizzle the dressing over them.
Add the toasted hazelnuts and roughly crumbled feta. Gently toss with your hands so you don't break the potatoes.