- Breakfast Muffins - Refined Sugar Free Muffins
- Kvæfjordkake - Norwegian Verdens Beste - World's Best Cake
- Baked Mini Cinnamon Sugar Donuts (no yeast, no eggs)
- No-Bake White Chocolate Oreo Cheesecake
- Easy Three Cheese Stuffed Shells
- Chocolate Milk Slice Cake - Kinder Chocolate Milk Slice
- No-bake Berry Lemon Yogurt Mousse Cake
- Eggless Chocolate Banana Cake
Sweet Corn Bread
I really love this sweet corn bread. I actually grew with the smell and taste of this delicious bread. My grandma used to make this on her outside oven. From childhood turned to be one of my favorite sweet treats. After so many years I still love it.
This bread is sweet rich and tasty, the caramelized sugar on top makes it worth trying it. Served warm along a cup of milk or yogurt makes a great choice for breakfast. There is no doubt about that.
- Makes about 6 servings
- 2 cups (500 g) plain yogurt
- 3 large eggs
- 8 tbsp sugar
- 3/4 cup (150 ml) oil
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 13 tbsp corn meal
- 2 tbsp semolina flour
- 4 tbsp sugar - for garnish
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Grease 10 inch square baking pan.
- Separate egg whites from the yolks. Mix egg yolks with sugar, oil, lemon zest, yogurt, vanilla extract and baking powder. Stir in corn meal and semolina flour.
- Whip egg whites until foamy and form stiff peaks. Fold in egg whites into yolks mixture.
- Pour the mixture into greased 10 inch square cake pan. Sprinkle 4 tbsp sugar all over the surface of the mixture.
- Bake for about 40-45 minutes until golden and the top is caramelized. You can also make sure that is done by inserting a toothpick in the center and comes out clean.