This Summer Corn Salad salad is a great summer dish made with fresh corn, fresh vegetables, Feta cheese, fresh herbs and a flavorful salad dressing. This salad is simply bursting with summer flavor and makes a perfect side dish for family or friend gatherings.
This corn salad is very easy to prepare. For this recipe it is best to use fresh corn. I usually like to grill the corn but you can also use boiled or roasted fresh corn for this recipe.
When corn is ready all you have to do next is to prepare the fresh vegetables and salad dressing. You will need some fresh tomatoes, cucumber, green chili pepper, red onion, avocado and your favorite fresh herbs, like parsley, basil or cilantro.
For the dressing you simply need to mix together some extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, garlic and spices.
In this salad I always like to add some Feta cheese for extra flavor and texture. But feel free to use your favorite cheese for this recipe.
Toss everything together and enjoy one of the best summer salads ever.
Hope you will try this Summer Corn Salad and don’t forget to let me know if you try it out.
Summer Corn Salad
- 4 Ears Fresh Corn (about 9 oz – 250g each) , roasted, grilled or boiled
- 6 oz (170g) cherry or grape tomatoes
- 3.5 oz (100g) 1 small cucumber , sliced into quarters
- 2 oz (60g) 1 small red onion , finely chopped
- 1 green chili pepper , thinly sliced
- 1 medium ripe avocado
- 4 oz (120g) Feta cheese , crumbled
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley , chopped
- 3 tbsp fresh basil , chopped
- 3 tbsp (42ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15ml) lemon juice
- 2 tbsp (30ml) red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp (5g) sugar
- 1 garlic clove , minced
- 1 tsp (5g) salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- First you need to boil, roast or grill the corn.
- For grilling on the stovetop, heat a large pan or grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the fresh corn and use tongues to rotate the corn every few minutes.
- Grill until browned all over.
- Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile prepare the salad dressing.
- In a small bowl whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, sugar, salt, garlic and freshly ground black pepper. Set aside until ready to use.
- Cut the vegetables.
- Cut the corn kernels from the cob and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add tomatoes, cucumber, onion, avocado, green chili pepper, basil and parsley and Feta cheese. Add the dressing and toss well to coat.
- Add more salt if needed and enjoy!