This avocado salsa is delicious, fresh and flavorful and goes as an appetizer or just as a snack near some pita bread chips or nachos. I usually like to make my own pita bread chips as I find them really easy to make and love the idea of serving freshly made dishes, from beginning to the end.
This avocado salsa was first introduced to us by some good friends that came to our house and cooked together with us. I really loved it and so I wanted to share it with you. Hope you will try it too, let me know:)
- 1 avocado, diced
- 5 cherry tomatoes, seeded
- 1/4 cup cilantro, parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 small red chili pepper
- 5 green olives, seeded and sliced
Ginger Preparation Ingredients
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- 1 inch ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Pita Bread Chips
- 2 or 3 pita bread
- olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- spices (oregano, basil)
- Prepare pita bread chips. Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Mix oil with paprika. Separate each pita bread into 2 thin rounds. Slice the pitas into triangles, larger or smaller, whatever you prefer. Place chips on baking sheet, on one layer and brush them with oil mixture. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and spices for more flavorful chips. Bake 2-5 minutes, until crisp and lightly brown.
- In a large frying pan heat the butter and oil over medium-high heat. Add red onion and ginger and cook until soft. Stir in corn kernels and cook for another 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and let it cool.
- In a medium salad bowl, combine avocado, with the rest of vegetables. Add the corn mixture, lime juice, cilantro or parsley, salt and pepper and mix well. Serve with homemade pita chips.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @homecookingadventure on Instagram and hashtag it #homecookingadventure.
This looks so delicious! I love salsa, especially experimenting with different ingredients! I have a great black bean mango salsa I think you’ll really enjoy… check out my recipe on my blog: