This Avocado Salsa is delicious, fresh, and flavorful and goes as an appetizer or just as a snack near some pita bread chips or nachos. I usually like to make my pita bread chips as I find them easy to make and love the idea of serving freshly made dishes, from beginning to end.
We were first introduced to this avocado salsa by some dear friends who joined us for a cooking session at our home. I instantly fell in love with it and thought of sharing it with you. I hope you give it a try too! Let me know your thoughts 🙂
How to make pita bread chips
To prepare the pita bread chips, start by preheating your oven to 400°F (200°C). In a small bowl, mix oil with paprika. Then, carefully separate each pita bread into two thin rounds. Slice the pitas into triangles, adjusting the size to your preference.
Place the pita chips on a baking sheet in a single layer. Brush them with the oil and paprika mixture, ensuring they are evenly coated. Sprinkle salt, pepper, and any additional spices you prefer for extra flavor.
Bake the chips for 2-5 minutes, or until they are crisp and lightly browned. Keep an eye on them to prevent burning.
How to make avocado salsa
Next, in a large frying pan, heat butter and oil over medium-high heat. Add red onion and ginger, cooking until they are soft and fragrant. Stir in the corn kernels and continue to cook for another 5 minutes. Season the mixture with salt and pepper, then remove it from the heat and allow it to cool.
In a medium salad bowl, combine avocado with the remaining vegetables. Add the cooled corn mixture, lime juice, cilantro or parsley, and additional salt and pepper to taste. Mix everything together well.
Serve the vegetable salad with the homemade pita chips for a delicious and satisfying snack or appetizer.
Hope you will try the recipe for this Avocado Salsa and enjoy it as much as we did! If you do don’t forget to let me know and tag me on Instagram. Cheers.
For more ideas for appetizers check out the full collection of Appetizer Recipes.
- 1 avocado, diced
- 5 cherry tomatoes, seeded
- 1/4 cup cilantro, parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 small red chili pepper
- 5 green olives, seeded and sliced
Ginger Preparation Ingredients
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- 1 inch ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Pita Bread Chips
- 2 or 3 pita bread
- olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- spices (oregano, basil)
Prepare pita bread chips.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Mix oil with paprika. Separate each pita bread into 2 thin rounds. Slice the pitas into triangles, larger or smaller, whatever you prefer. Place chips on a baking sheet, on one layer, and brush them with oil mixture. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and spices for more flavorful chips
- . Bake 2-5 minutes, until crisp and lightly brown.
Prepare the avocado salsa
- In a large frying pan heat the butter and oil over medium-high heat. Add red onion and ginger and cook until soft. Stir in corn kernels and cook for another 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and let it cool.
- In a medium salad bowl, combine avocado, with the rest of vegetables. Add the corn mixture, lime juice, cilantro or parsley, salt and pepper and mix well. Serve with homemade pita chips.