- Vegetable Egg Rolls - Fried or Baked
- Chocolate Terrine with Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies with Chocolate Lace Cups
- Basque Burnt Cheesecake
- Chocolate Mocha Fault Line Cake with Chocolate Sail
- Crispy Onion Rings
- Croque en Bouche or Croquembouche
- Spinach and Shiitake Mushroom Stuffing
Twice Baked Potato with Egg on Top
Watch the video for this recipe:
Baked stuffed potatoes are the kind of dish few could refuse not to mention that are easy to make, healthy and soo tasty. These days I was thinking to bake eggs on stuffed potatoes. Searching on Google for this idea I ran over a recipe which had my attention, that use simple ingredients that everybody has in the house in the morning and can create an amazing breakfast with them.
- Makes 4 servings
- 2 medium/large potatoes
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 4 small eggs
- 3 or 4 cloves of garlic, chopped fine
- 4 oz. (100 g) cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp olive oil or 1 tbsp butter
- Fresh chives, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Scrub potatoes, pierce them with a fork and put them in the oven rack for 30-40 minutes until soft.
- In a large frying pan heat oil or butter over medium high heat. Saute the onion with garlic for about 5 minutes until soft.
- When the potatoes are cool enough to handle cut potatoes in half lengthwise, scoop the interior out of each leaving about 1/4 inch shell of potato flesh and skin. Add the scooped-out potato flesh, grated cheese, salt and pepper into the pan and stir well to combine.
- Place the potato shells on the baking sheet and feel them with the mixture. Press the mixture with a spoon so a whole is formed to make space for the eggs. Sprinkle chives on top and crack an egg on top of each stuffed potato.
- Cook at 200°C (400°F) for 10-15 minutes until the egg is set. The whites are set while the yolks are a bit runny. Enjoy!