These incredible Zucchini Carrot Fritters are easy, tasty and nutritious crispy, golden bites that bring the freshness of zucchini and the zing of carrots to your plate, all in one simple dish.
Our Zucchini Carrot Fritters are all about simplicity meeting taste, making them a budget-friendly winner recipe for any mealtime. Imagine the satisfying crunch of grated zucchini and carrots paired with a soft, fluffy interior. The carrots’ natural sweetness blends perfectly with the mild nutty flavor of zucchinis, creating a taste combo that everybody loves.
These fritters are loaded with vitamins, minerals, and fiber – a nutritious way to get your veggies in without sacrificing taste. They are flavored with some garlic, onion, Parmesan cheese and aromatic herbs to give these fritters their signature zing. It’s a taste explosion that everybody will love.
These Zucchini Carrot Fritters are super versatile. You can serve them as a side dish, a tasty appetizer, or even as a hearty vegetarian main course. They’re quick and easy to make, perfect for those busy weeknight dinners or when you want to impress your friends and family. We love to serve them alongside some Greek Tzatziki sauce or a garlic sour cream sauce.
If you’re looking for a simple, mouthwatering dish that’s bursting with flavor, our Zucchini Carrot Fritters are the way to go.
How to make zucchini carrot fritters.
Begin by grating the zucchini and carrots using the larger holes on the grater.
Next, place the grated zucchini and carrots onto a kitchen towel or cheesecloth. Sprinkle some salt over them and allow them to sit for about 5 minutes.
After the wait, wrap the mixture in the towel and squeeze out as much liquid as you can. This step is crucial as it determines the crispiness of your fritters.
Transfer the squeezed zucchini and carrots into a mixing bowl. Add in Parmesan cheese, chopped green onions, minced garlic, fresh parsley, and dill. Also, include the eggs, flour, breadcrumbs, and a bit of salt and pepper. Mix everything thoroughly until it’s well combined.
How to cook the fritters
Heat up a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Pour in a generous amount of olive oil, enough to coat the bottom of the pan.
Using a spoon, carefully drop portions of the fritter batter into the skillet. With the back of the spoon or a spatula, gently flatten each mound. This helps them cook evenly.
Allow the fritters to cook for approximately 3 to 4 minutes on one side, or until they turn a beautiful golden hue and achieve a delightful crispiness.
Once the first side is perfectly cooked, gently flip each fritter using a spatula. Continue cooking for an additional 3 minutes on the other side. This ensures a uniform crispness and a lovely golden color.
Once fully cooked, transfer the fritters onto a plate lined with paper towels. This helps absorb any excess oil, ensuring they’re light and delicious.
These delectable fritters pair wonderfully with either Tzatziki sauce or a garlic-infused sour cream. Choose your favorite, and enjoy this delightful dish!
These Zucchini Carrot Fritters are a delightful treat, bursting with flavor and texture. They’re a perfect addition to any meal or a fantastic snack all on their own. Hope you will try them out and experience the joy of these golden, crispy bites. If you do, make sure to share the recipes with me on Instagram. Enjoy!
Other zucchini recipes you may like to try
These Cheese Zucchini Muffins are a delicious snack idea, mixing healthy zucchini with cheesy goodness. They make a great back-to-school breakfast idea that’s not only tasty but also nutritious.
This Crustless Zucchini Quiche is a delicious blend of fresh zucchini, creamy eggs, and gooey cheese, all without the heavy crust. It’s a really good, healthy way to cook zucchini when zucchini season is here.
This Chocolate Zucchini Bread is a great way to use zucchini. Not only do they bring a lot of nutritional value but also bring moisture and a great texture if used in loaf cakes, muffins or layer cakes.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
Grilled Corn Fritters
The best No-Yeast Yogurt Flatbreads
Vegetable Zucchini Balls
Potato Tuna Patties
Mashed Potato Pancakes
Zucchini Pancakes (Hobakjeon)
Korean Vegetable Pancakes
Quinoa and Broccoli Patties
Sweet Potato Burger Patties
Cheese Potato Pancakes
Roasted Potato and Cheese Tater Tots
Zucchini Carrot Fritters
- 10 oz (300g) about 1 medium zucchini , grated
- 7 oz (200g) about 2 medium carrots , grated
- 1 tsp (5g) salt
- 1/4 cup (25g) Parmesan cheese , grated
- 3 green onions , finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley , chopped
- 3 tbsp fresh dill , chopped
- 1/4 cup (30g) all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup (50g) breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- freshly ground black pepper , to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil , for frying
- Grate the zucchini and carrots using the large holes of the grater.Transfer the grated zucchini and carrots into a kitchen towel or cheesecloth. Add salt and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Wrap it and squeeze out as much liquid as possible. This is an important step as it depends on how crispy the fritters will be.
- Place the squeezed zucchini and carrots into a bowl, add Parmesan cheese, green onions, garlic, parsley and dill, egg, flour, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper. Mix until well combined.
- Heat olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Drop spoonfuls of batter into the skillet and flatten with the back of the spoon or spatula.
- Cook each fritter for about 3 to 4 minutes or until the bottom is golden and crispy. Flip and cook for 3 more minutes on the other side.
- Transfer to paper towels to drain the excess oil.
- Serve hot with Tzatziki sauce or garlic sour cream. Enjoy!