Celebrate Christmas with our tasty Raspberry Cake Roll, an amazing twist on the classic holiday treats. Imagine a light and fluffy vanilla sponge cake rolled up with a creamy cream cheese filling, raspberry jam and fresh raspberries that are bursting with flavor.
The cake is soft and moist, and each slice reveals a cool spiral of vibrant red raspberries. We top it off with whipped white chocolate ganache, fresh raspberries, sugar coated rosemary and a dust of powdered sugar making it look like a snowy delight.
The sweet vanilla aroma mixes with the tangy raspberry goodness, creating an irresistible combo. Whether you share it with family and friends at a holiday get-together or enjoy it at home, this Christmas Raspberry Cake Roll is a great way to feel the Christmas spirit.
How to make Christmas Raspberry Cake Roll
Begin by preparing the vanilla sponge cake. Preheat the oven to 350F (180C) and grease a 12×16 inch (30x40cm) baking sheet, lining it with parchment paper. In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. In a larger bowl, beat eggs, sugar, and vanilla until light and foamy. Add oil and gradually fold in the flour mixture. Pour the batter onto the prepared sheet, spreading it evenly. Bake for 10-12 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, cover with a towel, flip, and roll it up. Let it cool.
Next, prepare the raspberry jam. In a saucepan, bring raspberries, sugar, and lemon juice to a boil, stirring constantly. Simmer until thickened, sieve to remove seeds, and set aside to cool.
For the cream cheese filling, mix cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Add chilled whipping cream and mix until stiff peaks form.
Unroll the cake, spread raspberry jam, leaving a border. Gently spread the cream cheese filling and top with fresh raspberries. Roll it up and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Prepare the whipped white chocolate ganache by melting chocolate and cream over a bain-marie, letting it cool. Add a pinch of salt and mix until light and fluffy. Spread it over the rolled cake, cut the ends, and decorate with fresh raspberries, sugar-coated rosemary, and star anise. Dust with powdered sugar and enjoy!
Hope you will make your Christmas extra special with this delightful Christmas Raspberry Cake Roll. If you do, make sure to share the photos with me on Instagram. Would love to see how it turns out for you.
Other Christmas Cake Rolls you may like to try
This delicious Gingerbread Orange Cake Roll is an amazing dessert you can prepare for winter holidays. It consists of a moist and spiced gingerbread sponge cake that is filled with a creamy and orangey Mascarpone filling with bits of candied orange peel.
This Cranberry White Chocolate Meringue Roll is a delicate and festive dessert perfect for celebrating the winter holidays. Consisting of a light and airy meringue, filled with a white chocolate filling and freshly made cranberry and orange jam, this roll is extremely delightful and flavorful.
This Chocolate Coconut Bûche de Noël (Yule Log) is an impressive Christmas dessert, with a soft chocolate sponge cake filled with white chocolate and mascarpone frosting and caramelized coconut for extra flavor and texture.
This No-bake Chocolate Biscuit Buche de Noel (Yule Log) is an impressive no-bake dessert you can easily prepare for Christmas or New Year’s Eve. It consists of a chocolate biscuit roll with a coconut and cream cheese filling and chocolate ganache topping.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
Chocolate Coconut Christmas Cake
Spiced Apple Pear Christmas Tart
Sour Cherry Chocolate Tonka Bean Christmas Cake
Red Velvet White Chocolate Cheesecake
White Chocolate Cranberry Orange Layer Cake
Cranberry White Chocolate Tart
Christmas Wreath – Christmas Braided Bread
Christmas Chocolate Cookie Cups
Gingerbread Coconut Christmas Cake
Winter Cake – Christmas Cake
Christmas Swirl Cookies
Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies
Gingerbread Cookie Sandwiches
Cranberry Orange Babka
Raspberry Coconut Mousse Cake
Double Chocolate Rum Cookies
Pistachio Raspberry Lime Mousse Cake
Cranberry Pistachio Fudge without Sweetened Condensed Milk
Triple Chocolate Cranberry Mousse Cake
No-Bake Raspberry Yogurt Zebra Cake
Croque en Bouche or Croquembouche
10 Christmas Cookies
Almond Coconut Cake (Raffaello cake)
Christmas Raspberry Cake Roll
Vanilla Sponge Cake
- 3/4 cup (95g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (4g) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2g) salt
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup (135g) sugar
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp (28g) vegetable oil
Raspberry Jam Filling
- 10 oz (300g) raspberries , fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup (50g) sugar
- 1 tbsp (15ml) lemon juice
Cream Cheese Filling
- 9 oz (250g) cream cheese , room temperature
- 1/2 cup (60g) powdered sugar
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 1 cup (240g) whipping cream , chilled
For the Filling
- 9 oz (250g) fresh raspberries
Whipped White Chocolate Ganache
- 6 oz (180g) white chocolate
- 1/4 cup (60g) whipping cream
- pinch of salt
- fresh raspberries
- star anise
- fresh rosemary
- powdered sugar
Prepare the vanilla sponge cake.
- Preheat the oven to 350F (180C). Slightly grease a 12×16 inch (30x40cm) baking sheet and line it with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl whisk flour with, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl add eggs, sugar and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer until light in color and foamy. Add oil and mix until well incorporated. Gradually, fold in the flour mixture.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking sheet and spread evenly.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar to prevent it from sticking. Cover with a kitchen towel and flip the cake over it. Remove the parchment paper. While still warm roll it up with the towel. Let cool completely.
Prepare the raspberry jam.
- Place raspberries, sugar and lemon juice into a saucepan and bring to a boil while stirring constantly. Simmer for about 10 minutes or until thickens. Sieve to remove seeds. Set aside to cool until ready to use.
Prepare the cream cheese filling.
- In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese with powdered sugar and vanilla. Add the chilled whipping cream and mix until stiff peaks form.
- Unroll the cake.
- Spread the raspberry jam evenly, leaving a ½ inch (1cm) border.
- Gently, spread the cream cheese filling.
- Top with fresh raspberries.
- Roll the cake back up. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Prepare the whipped white chocolate ganache.
- Melt chocolate and cream over bain-marie. Let cool to room temperature.
- Add a pinch of salt and mix for 1-2 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Spread over the rolled cake.
- Cut the ends of the roll.
- Decorate the cake roll with fresh raspberries, sugar-coated rosemary and star anise. Dust with powdered sugar and enjoy!