Everybody who follow my blog have noticed I love chocolate desserts. These chocolate coconut brownies are simply impossible to resist, fudgy brownies at the base topped with a coconut filling and chocolate ganache on top. For those who love coconut desserts these are one of the best brownies ever.
The recipe is really easy to prepare but require some time for chilling, so it’s not the kind of dessert you can serve right away, but definitely worth the waiting time. I did not add extra sugar on the coconut filling and the sweetness is very well balanced with the semisweet chocolate used. Hope you will enjoy these brownies as much as we did:)
Double Chocolate Brownies
Cream Cheese Marbled Brownies
Flourless Chocolate Cake with Coffee Mousse
Chocolate Coconut Brownies
- 3 oz (100g) semisweet chocolate
- 3/4 cup (170g) butter
- 1 tsp (1g) instant coffee powder
- 1 cup (200g) sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp (8g) dark cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp (2g) salt
- 3/4 cup (95g) flour
- 12 oz (340g) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 ½ cups (200g) unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup (100g) whipping cream
- 4 oz (120g) semisweet chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C). Butter the sides and bottom of a 8×8 inch (20 X 20 cm) or 9×9 inch (23x23cm) baking pan. Line the pan with parchment paper.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a medium bowl, over bain-marie, stirring occasionally, until smooth. Remove the pan from heat but keep the bowl over the water. Add instant coffee, stir in the sugar, then remove the bowl from the pan. Cool slightly.
- Incorporate the eggs one at a time into the mixture and whisk until well combined. Stir in the vanilla extract then add the flour, salt, cocoa powder and stir well.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 30 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs sticking to it.
- Let the brownies cool completely.
- In a bowl combine sweetened condensed milk and coconut flakes. Spread evenly on top of brownies.
- Prepare the chocolate ganache. Heat the cream in a small saucepan. When the cream just begins to boil at the edges, remove from heat and pour over the chopped chocolate. Let sit one minute, then stir until smooth. Spread it evenly and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Cut into squares and serve.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @homecookingadventure on Instagram and hashtag it #homecookingadventure.
pls. advise if we used butter and whole milk with chocolate I/O whipping cream we can prepare good chocolate ganache or it will fail and what is the quantities should be used if it will work.
thanks a lot for your support I have already tried many of recipes and it was enjoyable experience 🙂
I have made the brownies just didnt like
the coconut so i have removed it from the recipe.
The brownies are great they are very tasty..
I put only ganache and it came out just great.
My only doubts about this recipe was the stiffness of
Thank you for making that vdieo and for making the recipe
You made life easie..
THESE ARE AMAZING! I love them so much <3, will make them all the time
Hello Victoria, i'm happy you tried my recipe- that makes me happy:) Thank you for your comment!
Hello how are you,
Thank you so much for all of recipes, that’s great.
If is it possible put the donut recipe?
YUM! These brownies look so delicious! I have a similar recipe, and I just love this combo ?
These are yummy. Made them for ma vinco Group. Big hit if like cocont Tar is. Really easy to make also…