This is probably one of the easiest recipes you can make for breakfast, lunch, dinner or simply as a snack. I make this type of bread pizzas pretty often, especially for breakfast. Everybody loves these mini bread pizzas, especially the kids.
If you are craving for pizza and don’t have time to prepare the dough and let it rise this is best solution. Easy, quick and really, really delicious. It takes no more than 15 or 20 minutes, you can choose your favorite pizza toppings and is done, ready to be served.
The recipe here is one simple option, with ingredients you have in house but you can make many other variations according to your tastes. You can add various vegetables like peppers, onion, garlic, olives or meat like ham, prosciutto, tuna, pepperoni even other type of cheese. You can never get bored with this dish.
I chose to sprinkle sesame and flax seeds on top of the bread pizzas because it is a good way to add these seeds on kids menu. These seeds are known to have a lot of benefits being rich in nutrients and minerals like calcium, iron, vitamins, omega-3 and the list can go on.
Give it a try I am sure you and your family will love these.
- 6 bread slices
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup corn kernels
- 1/2 cup cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 tsp sesame and flax seeds , to sprinkle on top
- 1 tsp dry oregano
- 5-6 fresh basil leaves , chopped
- Preheat oven to 400F (200 C). Slice Mozzarella and cherry tomatoes. Arrange bread slices on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Spread tomato sauce on one side of each slice of bread. Sprinkle dry oregano.
- Add Mozzarella cheese and tomato slices.
- Add corn kernels and sprinkle sesame and flax seeds on top.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Add fresh basil and serve immediately.