Teriyaki Chicken is one of the most delicious ways of preparing chicken for lunch or dinner with a very quick and easy method. The chicken is first seared on medium high heat and then cooked with a spicy, sweet and salty sauce until the sauce thickens and chicken gets beautifully glazed and totally irresistible.
If served with rice and steamed or stir fried vegetables, all dinner can be ready in less than 30 minutes, which makes it a great choice for whenever you don’t have very much time left to prepare dinner. Hope you will try this delicious Teriyaki Chicken recipe and let me know if you try it out. Enjoy!
- 1 pound (500g) boneless skinless chicken breast or thighs , cut into bite size pieces
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp (15ml) vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup (60ml) low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup (50g) light brown sugar
- 3 tbsp (45ml) rice vinegar
- 1 tsp (3g) sesame oil
- 1 tbsp (15g) grated ginger
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 1/2 tbsp (4g) cornstarch mixed with 1 tbsp (15ml) water
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Cut chicken in bite size pieces, about 1 inch (3cm) pieces. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the teriyaki sauce ingredients, soy sauce with sugar, rice vinegar, sesame oil, ginger, garlic and cornstarch. Set aside until ready to use.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken pieces and fry until nicely golden on the sides, for about 8 minutes.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and cook for about 3-4 minutes more and the sauce thickens and chicken is cooked through.
- Serve teriyaki chicken with your favorite side dish and veggies.
- Top chicken with toasted sesame seeds before serving. Enjoy!