Teriyaki Chicken is a classic Japanese dish that has become a popular favorite all over the world, thanks to its bold and delicious flavors. This recipe is a quick and easy way to prepare chicken for lunch or dinner, with a simple yet satisfying method that’s sure to please.
The sauce for Teriyaki Chicken is a combination of sweet, spicy and salty flavors, which come together to create an irresistible glaze that’s perfect for coating the chicken.
Teriyaki Chicken is often served with rice and steamed or stir fried vegetables, which makes it a complete meal that’s both delicious and nutritious.
Plus, because this recipe can be ready in less than 30 minutes, it’s a great choice for those times when you don’t have a lot of time to spend in the kitchen.
How to make Teriyaki Chicken
To begin, start by cutting the chicken into bite-sized pieces, about 1 inch (3cm) each. Season the chicken with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the teriyaki sauce ingredients: soy sauce, sugar, rice vinegar, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, and cornstarch. This flavorful mixture will serve as the base for the sauce that will coat the chicken.
Next, heat up some oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken pieces and fry them until they turn golden brown on all sides. This should take about 8 minutes. Once the chicken is nicely browned, pour the teriyaki sauce over it. Let it cook for an additional 3-4 minutes until the sauce thickens and the chicken is fully cooked through.
Serve the Teriyaki Chicken with your favorite side dish and veggies. Top the chicken with some toasted sesame seeds for added flavor and crunch.
Whether you’re looking for a quick and easy weeknight dinner or a delicious lunchtime treat, this Teriyaki Chicken recipe is sure to satisfy your cravings. So why not give it a try and see for yourself just how tasty and satisfying this dish can be? If you do, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram as I love seeing how it turns out for you. We hope you’ll love it as much as we do! Enjoy!
Other chicken recipes you may like to try
This Skillet Chicken Fajitas are a great colorful dish perfect for lunch or dinner. are This dish is packed with savory flavors and colorful veggies. Cooked on a sizzling skillet, these fajitas make for a perfect meal that everyone will love. This Chicken Cordon Bleu is a classic French dish consisting of a chicken breast stuffed with ham and cheese, breaded, and fried until golden brown. It’s a delicious and savory meal that’s perfect for any occasion. This Chicken Tikka Masala is one of the most popular dishes in the United Kingdom and for good reason. This flavorful dish features grilled marinated chicken pieces in a delicious spiced curry sauce. It is by far one of the best ways to introduce yourself and friends to Indian cuisine.
- 1 pound (500g) boneless skinless chicken breast or thighs , cut into bite size pieces
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp (15ml) vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup (60ml) low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup (50g) light brown sugar
- 3 tbsp (45ml) rice vinegar
- 1 tsp (3g) sesame oil
- 1 tbsp (15g) grated ginger
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 1/2 tbsp (4g) cornstarch mixed with 1 tbsp (15ml) water
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Cut chicken in bite size pieces, about 1 inch (3cm) pieces. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the teriyaki sauce ingredients, soy sauce with sugar, rice vinegar, sesame oil, ginger, garlic and cornstarch. Set aside until ready to use.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken pieces and fry until nicely golden on the sides, for about 8 minutes.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and cook for about 3-4 minutes more and the sauce thickens and chicken is cooked through.
- Serve teriyaki chicken with your favorite side dish and veggies.
- Top chicken with toasted sesame seeds before serving. Enjoy!