This Walnut and Lemon Cake is a fine delicious cake, the combination between walnuts, lemon and chocolate makes this cake very flavorful and definitely a crowd pleaser. I have this recipe from my mother who usually makes this cake during the holidays. This cake gets rave reviews all the time.
This delightful cake consists of a moist and delicate walnut sponge cake, topped with a lemon crispy layer and topped with chocolate glaze. I am glad to be able to share the recipe with you all. Hope you will try this out and let me know if you try it out.
Nutella Pull Apart Bread
Knots 4 Ways
Walnut and Lemon Cake
- 140 g butter
- 7 tbsp sugar
- 4 tbsp flour
- 6 tbsp ground walnuts
- 1 lemon finely grated zest
- 4 egg whites
- 4 egg yolks
- 7 tbsp powdered sugar
- 100 g dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 180C (350F).Butter 10-inch(26 cm) springform pan(with a removable base), and dust with flour.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until well mixed. Add walnuts, lemon zest and flour and mix well.
- Separate egg yolks form egg whites. Whip egg whites until foamy and form stiff peaks. Fold in egg whites into butter mixture.
- Mix egg yolks with sugar until thick, creamy and pale yellow colored.
- Pour the butter mixture into prepared pan and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and add yolks mixture on top of the cake and bake for another 15 minutes.
- To prepare chocolate glaze melt the chocolate over a bain-marie until smooth. Stir in butter and heavy cream until well blended. Use immediately, pour over the cake.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @homecookingadventure on Instagram and hashtag it #homecookingadventure.
Great cake – that ganache looks so dark and rich!
This cake looks amazing! Love that ganache too. Yum!