Main Dish RecipesDessert RecipesBreakfast RecipesAppetizer RecipesBread RecipesSoup RecipesSalad RecipesDrink RecipesHealthy RecipesThanksgiving RecipesChristmas Recipes
Sweet, smooth and very delicious. The aroma of fresh baked cinnamon rolls make them irresistible. Served with a fresh coffee turn into a delicious treat for breakfast or any time of the day.
15 mins + 1hr resting + 30 mins shaping
- Makes about 30-35 rolls
- 3 cups flour
- 7 oz (200 g) butter, cut in small cubes
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp (100 ml ) milk
- 10 g fresh yeast (1 tsp of active dry yeast)
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp grounded cinnamon
- Dissolve the fresh yeast in the milk. In a medium sized bowl mix well the butter with flour. Add the egg yolks and the milk with yeast and mix until well blended. Knead well, cover with plastic and refrigerate for about 1 hr to let the yeast develop.
- Whip egg whites until foamy with a mixer and gradually add the sugar, the vinegar and vanilla extract whipping the whole time. Finally incorporate the cinnamon. Split the whites in 3.
- Preheat the oven to 180 (350F).
- Cut the dough into 3 equal pieces. Sprinkle flour on the working surface. Using a rolling pin roll out each piece into a rectangular about 12 inches (30 cm) long, 10 high.
- Cover the dough with 1/3 of the egg whites, leaving uncovered 1 inch on each side. Roll and cut into 1 inch slices. Arrange dough pieces in a greased baking tray. Sprinkle with ground cinnamon.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until nicely browned.
Nutrition facts 1 Roll - Calories: Vitamin A 3%, Calcium 1%, Vitamin C 0%, Iron 3%, Nutrition Grade D+, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet., Fat:5.2 g, Saturated Fat:3.1 g, Unsaturated Fat:0.0 g, Carbohydrates:10.8 g, Sugar:2.5 g, Protein:1.9 g, Cholesterol:31 mg, Calories from Fat 47, Sodium 40mg, Vitamin A 3%, Calcium 1%, Vitamin C 0%, Iron 3%, Nutrition Grade D+, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.