Main Dish RecipesDessert RecipesBreakfast RecipesAppetizer RecipesBread RecipesSoup RecipesSalad RecipesDrink RecipesHealthy RecipesThanksgiving RecipesChristmas Recipes
Crispy Oven Fries
Posted on January 16, 2013
Is there anybody in the world who doesn't love fries? I personally know nobody. I stopped making the fried version many years ago as also any other kind of recipes that ask for deep frying.
The baked version of potato fries is so much healthier and incredible delicious. If there is an inconvenient is just the fact that you can not bake too many at once:).
Children love these and are a great way to make them eat potatoes and garlic:) if used . You can serve these potatoes as they are or with your favorite dip or salsa.
- Makes about 2-3 servings
- 3 or 4 medium potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- garlic powder- optional
- spring onion for servin
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Cut the potatoes in 1/4 inch thick sticks.
- Soak them in cold water for 15-30 minutes to remove excess starch then dry them using paper towels.
- In a large bowl, mix the potato sticks with the oil and garlic powder if used.
- Spread the sticks on the prepared baking sheet, making sure they are in one single layer and with a little space between them.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, turning them once or twice. Season with salt and enjoy!
Nutrition facts 1 Serving - Calories:227, Fat:9.5 g, Saturated Fat:1.4 g, Carbohydrates:33.5 g , Sugar:2.5 g, Fiber:5.1 g, Protein:3.6 g, Cholesterol:0 mg, Calories from Fat 86, Sodium 63 mg, Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 70%, Calcium 2%, Iron 6%, Nutrition Grade A-, Daily Percent Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.