Main Dish RecipesDessert RecipesBreakfast RecipesAppetizer RecipesBread RecipesSoup RecipesSalad RecipesDrink RecipesHealthy RecipesThanksgiving RecipesChristmas Recipes
Dried Fruit Biscotti
Posted on January 31, 2012
Perfect homemade crunchy biscotti, great with a hot cup of coffee in the morning. These are made with dried cranberries, plums, apricots and raisins that bring an amazing taste. Can be also made for holiday tables or as homemade gifts.
- Makes about 25 biscotti
- 100 g butter
- 7 tbsp sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup mix of dried fruits (cranberries, plums, apricots and raisins)
- 14 tbsp flour
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl beat butter and sugar until creamy, then add eggs, lemon zest and vanilla extract. Stir well.
- Add baking powder and flour and mix until well blended. Stir in dry fruits.
- Pour the dough into one long loaf or 2 smaller loafs into the prepared baking tray. The dough is pretty sticky so you can wet your hands or use flour to be able to give the right shape.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, remove from the oven and let cool for about 30 minutes. Cut into 1/2 inch diagonal slices and place them on the baking tray. Bake for another 15-17 minutes until golden brown.
Nutrition facts 1 Biscotti - Calories:66, Fat:3.6 g, Saturated Fat:2.2 g, Carbohydrates:7.5 g, Sugar:3.7 g, Protein:0.9 g, Cholesterol:23 mg, Calories from Fat 33, Sodium 28mg, Vitamin A 2%, Calcium 2%, Vitamin C 1%, Iron 2%, Nutrition Grade D, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.