Main Dish RecipesDessert RecipesBreakfast RecipesAppetizer RecipesBread RecipesSoup RecipesSalad RecipesDrink RecipesHealthy RecipesThanksgiving RecipesChristmas Recipes
Posted on June 26, 2013
This recipe comes form Jamie Oliver and is one of the best way to cook ricotta whenever you are in a rush and still want to have a delicious breakfast, lunch or dinner. This is what I love about these fritters, are suitable for any time of the day. I wanted to share this recipe with you in case you don't know it by now.
The cakes are crispy but soft inside, pairing them with tomato salad makes the meal just perfect and quite impressive for family or friends.
- Makes about 4 servings
- 1 lb. (450g) crumbly ricotta cheese
- 2 tbsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra for serving
- 2 tbsp flour ( if the cheese is too creamy you can add one tbsp more)
- 1 egg
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- In a bowl mix the ricotta with the Parmesan, flour, salt and egg. Season with pepper and set aside in the fridge for few minutes.
- Heat oil in a nonstick frying pan. Take spoonfuls of ricotta mixture and fry the cakes for a few minutes until brown on each side. They can be pretty hard to flip but if you do it gently it will work fine.
- Gently remove from the pan and serve warm with fresh ripe tomatoes and your favorite herbs and dressings.
Nutrition facts 1 Serving - Calories:263, Fat:18.2 g, Saturated Fat:7.6g, Unsaturated Fat:0.0 g, Carbohydrates:9.1 g, Protein:16.3 g, Cholesterol:80 mg, Calories from Fat 164, Sodium 204mg, Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 36%, Iron 5%, Nutrition Grade C, Daily percent values are based on a 2000 calorie diet