These Salmon Patties are an amazing dish that’s both simple and bursting with flavor. They are quick and easy to prepare, with a crispy golden crust and a tender center. They make a great appetizer with your favorite dipping sauce or a satisfying main course for lunch or dinner, complemented by your favorite side dish.
Starting with the fresh salmon, we mix in some diced green onions, red peppers, and garlic for a satisfying crunch and a touch of warmth.
Fresh parsley and dill add a delightful, herby touch that complements the salmon beautifully. A squeeze of lemon and a dash of its zest provide a zesty kick, balancing out the richness of the salmon. The eggs ensure everything stays together, giving you that perfect bite every time. A light coat of breadcrumbs creates a golden, crispy crust, giving way to a tender, flavorful center.
These Salmon Patties are a simple yet delightful way to savor the goodness of fresh salmon, a true treat that everybody will love. For this recipe you can also consider using canned salmon.
We like to serve these patties with Tzatziki sauce or a dill sauce made with sour cream or Greek yogurt.
How to make salmon patties
Begin by handling fresh salmon fillets. Carefully remove the skin and cut the fish into manageable chunks.
Next, transfer the salmon pieces into the bowl of a food processor. Process them for a brief period, aiming for a ground consistency with still-visible small chunks.
Move the processed salmon into a generously sized mixing bowl. Continue by finely chopping green onions and red pepper. Add them to the salmon mixture. Include the remaining ingredients: minced garlic, fresh parsley, dill, zesty lemon juice and zest, Worcestershire sauce, breadcrumbs, and eggs. Using a spatula, gently combine all the ingredients.
In a nonstick skillet, heat about 1 tbsp olive oil over medium heat.
Prepare a plate with a ⅓ cup of breadcrumbs. Now, take spoonfuls of the salmon mixture, flattening them with your hands, and coat them with breadcrumbs on both sides.
Cook each salmon patty for approximately 3 minutes or until the bottom turns golden and crispy. Flip and cook for an additional 3 minutes on the other side. Transfer the patties to paper towels to allow excess oil to drain.
Serve the salmon patties while still warm, accompanied by your favorite sauce. Use either Tzatziki Sauce, tartar sauce or a flavorful dill sauce. Hope you will try them out. If you do, share the photos with me on Instagram. Would love to see how they turn out for you. Enjoy!
Other similar recipes you may like to try
These incredible Zucchini Carrot Fritters are easy, tasty and nutritious crispy, golden bites that bring the freshness of zucchini and the zing of carrots to your plate.
Sweet Potato Patties are perfectly crispy on the outside, tender on the inside being a delightful addition to any dish for lunch or dinner.
These Potato Tuna Patties are easy and quick to make, using simple ingredients you have at home.
These tasty, nutritious Quinoa and Broccoli Patties served with chili sauce and fresh salad are healthy and everybody will love.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
Grilled Corn Fritters
The best No-Yeast Yogurt Flatbreads
Vegetable Zucchini Balls
Baked Sesame Salmon
Mashed Potato Pancakes
Zucchini Pancakes (Hobakjeon)
Korean Vegetable Pancakes
Oven Grilled Fish
Potato Crusted Sea Bass with Lemon Sauce
Cheese Potato Pancakes
Roasted Potato and Cheese Tater Tots
Easy Salmon Patties
- 1 pound (500g) boneless, salmon fillets
- 1 small red pepper
- 4 spring onions
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley , chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh dill , chopped
- 1/3 cup (50g) breadcrumbs
- 3/4 tsp (4g) salt
- lemon zest from a lemon
- 1 tbsp (15g) lemon juice
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp (15g) Worcestershire sauce
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil for frying
- 1/3 cup (50g) breadcrumbs for coating the patties
- Take the salmon fillets, remove the skin and cut into chunks. Transfer the salmon pieces into the bowl of a food processor and process for a few seconds. The salmon should be ground but should still have small visible chunks.
- Transfer the ground salmon to a large bowl.
- Chop the green onion and red pepper and add to the ground salmon. Add the rest of the ingredients, minced garlic, fresh parsley and dill, lemon juice and zest, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper, the breadcrumbs and eggs.
- Use a spatula to mix everything together.
- Add ⅓ cup of breadcrumbs to a plate.
- Heat about 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Take spoonfuls of salmon mixture, flatten with your hands and coat with breadcrumbs on both sides.
- Cook each salmon patty for about 3 minutes or until the bottom is golden and crispy. Flip and cook for 3 more minutes on the other side.
- Transfer to paper towels to drain the excess oil.
- Serve while still warm with Tzatziki sauce or dill garlic sour cream sauce.
- Refrigerate the leftover patties.
For the dill sauce.
- For the dill sauce simply mix sour cream or Greek yogurt with fresh dill, lemon juice, salt and a touch of garlic powder. It adds a bright, herby contrast to the salmon.