When I saw the secret ingredient for this month Chocolate Party is ice cream I thought instantly to hot chocolate fudge sauce.
What else is better to pair ice cream with. No matter the ice cream, this rich and smooth hot chocolate fudge sauce is a great addition to create a memorable dessert.
It is very easy to prepare, takes only few minutes and you got the most tempting chocolate sauce that you can serve it as it is, pour it over ice cream or over some buttery biscuits … just heavenly.
This one is classic with just a hint of vanilla but you can change the flavors upon your tastes, add some almond extract, peppermint or citrus flavor.
For this recipe I used homemade vanilla ice cream, but you can definitely try as many ice cream variation you can get. So let’s enjoy this summer my friends!
This recipe is slightly adapted after BrownEyedBaker
Hot Chocolate Fudge Sauce
Easy recipe for Hot Chocolate Fudge Sauce, takes only few minutes and you can serve it as it is, or pour it over your favorite desserts. Totally irresistible.
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate , chopped, divided in half
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Vanilla Ice Cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, bring the cream, sugar, cocoa powder, salt and half of the chocolate to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low, and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the the butter, the remaining chocolate, and the vanilla extract, stirring until smooth. Let cool for 20 to 30 minutes before using (it will thicken while it cools).
- Store in a jar or airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. To reheat, you can use the microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute until it's pourable but still thick or if you don't want to use microwave just place the jar in a larger bowl with hot water for few minutes.
- To make the vanilla ice cream use the directions mentioned here
- If you want to join the Chocolate Party here is how you participate:1.) Blog about your chocolate treat. Your recipe must include the two ingredients we choose. It can be a simple no bake treat or a sophisticated layer cake, the complexity level of the recipe is totally up to you. 2.) Include a link back to the Chocolate party page. Optionally, add the Chocolate Party logo in your blog post or on your sidebar. 3.) Your recipe must be published during the current month. Please do not link old recipes, they will be deleted. 4.) Add the linky code at the bottom of your post. Don't forget to check out all the other ice cream chocolate recipes shared this month.
Calories: 1535kcalCarbohydrates: 181.8gProtein: 14.8gFat: 89.2gSaturated Fat: 58.3gCholesterol: 197mgSugar: 159.3g
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @homecookingadventure on Instagram and hashtag it #homecookingadventure.
I could drink this sauce up, it looks rich and delicious!
I love hot fudge sauce and your photos make my mouth water! Just perfect with a couple of scoops of vanilla ice-cream.
I have a small request, could you please add the ice-cream to the ingredients list, otherwise I’ll have to delete the link from the party. We are supposed to use both chocolate and ice-cream in our recipe.
Yes, will do that today, thanks for noticing me.
Oh I love a good chocolatey fudge sauce, YUM, your pictures are so lush 🙂
Your fudge sauce looks out of this world!
We were both on the same wavelength this month. My family would love if I made your recipes next…it’s been perfect chocolate sundae weather!
Could we heat this sauce continuously to serve hot over frozen vanilla ice-cream ? For instance at a party that’s over 2 hours – can hot chocolate be heated on a Electric Stove to keep it warm throughout.
Maybe a double boiler will be just enough to keep it warm.. that is probably what I would do