Main Dish RecipesDessert RecipesBreakfast RecipesAppetizer RecipesBread RecipesSoup RecipesSalad RecipesDrink RecipesHealthy RecipesThanksgiving RecipesChristmas Recipes
Twice Baked Potato with Egg on Top
Posted on February 26, 2013
Baked stuffed potatoes are the kind of dish few could refuse not to mention that are easy to make, healthy and soo tasty. These days I was thinking to bake eggs on stuffed potatoes. Searching on google for this idea I ran over a recipe which had my attention, that use simple ingredients that everybody has in the house in the morning and can create an amazing breakfast with them.
The only things I changed to the recipe was that I used regular potatoes instead of sweet ones and mixed the cheese with the filling. They turned out great, loved the runny yolks blending with the rest of the potato filling.
Delicious and easy meal indeed, hope you will enjoy it.
Adapted after jeremyandkathleen
1 hr 5 mins
- Makes 4 servings
- 2 medium/large potatoes
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 4 small eggs
- 3 or 4 cloves of garlic, chopped fine
- 4 oz. (100 g) cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp olive oil or 1 tbsp butter
- Fresh chives, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Scrub potatoes, pierce them with a fork and put them in the oven rack for 30-40 minutes until soft.
- In a large frying pan heat oil or butter over medium high heat. Saute the onion with garlic for about 5 minutes until soft.
- When the potatoes are cool enough to handle cut potatoes in half lengthwise, scoop the interior out of each leaving about 1/4 inch shell of potato flesh and skin. Add the scooped-out potato flesh, grated cheese, salt and pepper into the pan and stir well to combine.
- Place the potato shells on the baking sheet and feel them with the mixture. Press the mixture with a spoon so a whole is formed to make space for the eggs. Sprinkle chives on top and crack an egg on top of each stuffed potato.
- Cook at 200°C (400°F) for 10-15 minutes until the egg is set. The whites are set while the yolks are a bit runny. Enjoy!
Nutrition facts 1 Serving - Calories:315, Fat:20.2 g, Saturated Fat:8.2 g, Carbohydrates:20.7 g, Sugar:2.8 g, Fiber:3.1 g, Protein:13.9 g, Cholesterol:167 mg, Calories from Fat 182, Sodium 236mg, Vitamin A 9%, Vitamin C 40%, Calcium 24%, Iron 9%, Nutrition Grade B-, Daily Percentage Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet