These Cereal Orange Cookies are easy and very flavorful, made with cereal mix, raisins, a lot of orange zest and juice. These cookies are definitely a great treat for kids and not only. These orange cookies go very well for breakfast alongside a cup of coffee or a glass of milk.
These Cereal Orange Cookies are very easy and quick to prepare. You need just one bowl and ingredients are added one at a time. There is no need to chill the dough so in this way you can enjoy some delightful homemade cookies in no time.
We have really enjoyed these cookies as a snack during the day, or for breakfast. Hope you will give them a try and let me know if you do. Enjoy!
Digestive Biscuits with Raisins
Crispy Coconut Cookies
Soft Meringue Cookies
Cereal Orange Cookies
- 1 stick (110g) butter
- 1 tbsp lard
- 1/2 cup +2 tbsp (120g) sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 8 tbsp cereal mix (oat, barley, wheat) - a little crushed into mixing bowl
- 1 tsp (4g) baking powder
- 1 tsp (6g) baking soda
- freshly grated zest from 4 oranges
- fresh orange juice from 1 orange
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 3.5 oz (100g) black raisins
- 2 cups (250g) flour
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, lard and sugar until well mixed. Beat in the eggs, orange zest, orange juice and vanilla extract. Stir dry ingredients together: flour, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon. Gradually add into butter mixture. Stir in cereals and raisins.
- Drop from teaspoon on un-greased cookie sheets. Bake 15 to 18 minutes in the preheated oven, or until light brown. Remove from sheet to a cooling rack. Cool completely.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @homecookingadventure on Instagram and hashtag it #homecookingadventure.
Great looking cookies, delicious and healthy! I love your photo too!
I cant take lard , what shd I replace with?thanks
Do you have shortening? Even coconut oil could work well. As it is only 1 tbsp of lard in this recipe you can also replace it with another tbsp of butter.
Hi.. need your help to advise the orange juice and zest in grams.
Sorry for the late answer.. did you tried the recipe already? These cookies are really flavorful.. when I've made the recipe I haven't measured in grams but the juice from one orange but should be no more than 1/3 cup (80 ml). As for orange zest.. I've used a lot so so flavor is strong.. the zest from 4 oranges should be around 5 to 6 tbsp. Hope this helps.