Brown Sugar glazed carrots are a delicious carrot recipe and a perfect side dish for Thanksgiving Day.
These Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots are extremely easy to make, the carrots are cooked with brown sugar and butter and in a minimum of liquid to bring out the best of their flavor. The orange and toasted walnuts add a pleasant aroma to this carrot dish. Hope you will try these brown sugar glazed carrots as I am 100% sure you will love them.
Roasted Potatoes, Parsnips and Carrots
Roasted Carrot and Ginger Soup
Honey Roasted Carrots
Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots
- 2 cups julienne-cut carrots
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 orange grated peel
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley , chopped
- 1/3 cup walnuts - toasted
- Melt the butter in a nonstick pan over medium heat; add sugar, stirring until melted.
- Stir in carrots, orange peel, salt, pepper and water. Cover and cook for about 10 minutes at medium low heat stirring occasionally until carrots are crisp-tender. Remove the lid and continue cooking until the liquid has evaporated.
- Remove the pan from heat, stir in chopped fresh parsley and toasted walnuts and serve warm along meat.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @homecookingadventure on Instagram and hashtag it #homecookingadventure.
Adding the walnuts is a nice crunchy touch. Thanks for the idea.
These look so gorgeous! I love the color contrast from the nuts and parsley. I love glazed carrots, and never though to add nuts, wonderful idea!
I have never seen carrots look so yummy before!! 🙂