I stumbled upon these kind of egg boats few time ago over Pinterest and I really loved this great idea for breakfast time. I kept the recipe simple using basic ingredients like bacon cheese and green onion but many variations can be made to this dish. Use different herbs, other type of cheese and meat to create each time a special breakfast.
I really enjoyed making them, really easy, quick and so appetizing. These egg boats are crispy on the outside, soft inside and are great served warm alongside some fresh salad.
Shakshuka -Eggs in Tomato Sauce
Scrambled Eggs with Sunflower Seeds
Recipe slightly adapted after Spoon Fork Bacon
- 2 demi baguettes
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp (30g) heavy cream
- 3.5 oz (100g) bacon slices
- 1/2 cup (50g) Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup (25g) Parmesan cheese
- 2 spring onions , chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
- Cut bacon slices into smaller pieces and cook to desired crispness. Set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, mix eggs, cream, cheese, bacon and onions. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut a deep “V” through the top of the baguette and partially unstuff the baguette. Place the baguettes into a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Spoon the egg mixture into the prepared baguettes.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown, and egg mixture is set.
- Allow to cool for about 5 minutes, cut and serve while still warm.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @homecookingadventure on Instagram and hashtag it #homecookingadventure.