A while back, I came across these delightful Egg Boats on Pinterest, and I instantly fell in love with this ingenious breakfast idea.
I kept the recipe simple using basic ingredients like bacon cheese and green onion but many variations can be made to this dish. Use different herbs, other type of cheese and meat to create each time a special breakfast.
I really enjoyed making them as they are really easy, quick and so appetizing. These egg boats are crispy on the outside, soft inside and are great served warm alongside some fresh salad.
How to make baked egg boats
Start by preheating your oven to 350°F (180°C). Then, cut your bacon slices into smaller pieces and cook them to your preferred level of crispiness. Once cooked, set them aside to cool.
Next, in a medium-sized bowl, mix together the eggs, cream, cheese, bacon, and onions. Don’t forget to season with salt and pepper for that perfect flavor balance.
After that, carefully cut a deep “V” shape into the top of the baguette and partially hollow out the inside. Place the prepared baguettes on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Then, generously spoon the egg mixture into the hollowed-out baguettes, ensuring they’re evenly filled.
Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 20-25 minutes, or until they turn a beautiful golden brown and the egg mixture has fully set.
Allow the stuffed baguettes to cool for about 5 minutes before slicing and serving them while still wonderfully warm.
Hope you will try them out and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram if you do. Enjoy!
Other egg recipes you may like to try
This quick No-Yeast Breakfast Pizza with a runny egg on top turns out to be one of the best ways of serving eggs in the morning.
Discover the delicious blend of poached eggs in a zesty tomato sauce with our Shakshuka recipe. It is easy to make, healthy, comforting, and bursting with flavor.
These Tortilla Egg Muffins are a delightful idea for breakfast or brunch and are very easy and quick to prepare. These mini treats are a perfect blend of fluffy eggs, veggies, crispy bacon and savory cheese, all nestled in cozy tortilla cups.
This Crustless Spinach Bacon Quiche is really flavorful and very comforting. It is a perfect dish alongside some crusty bread and a fresh salad for breakfast or lunch.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
Twice Baked Potato with Egg on Top
Mushroom Egg Galette
Eggless Savory Scones
Cheese Zucchini Muffins
Crustless Zucchini Quiche
The Best Yogurt Flatbreads
Potato Crust Quiche
Muffin Pan Popovers
Tortilla de Patatas – Spanish Omelette – Tortilla Española
Quick and Easy French Toast
Scrambled Eggs with Sunflower Seeds
- 2 demi baguettes
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp (30g) heavy cream
- 3.5 oz (100g) bacon slices
- 1/2 cup (50g) Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup (25g) Parmesan cheese
- 2 spring onions , chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
- Cut bacon slices into smaller pieces and cook to desired crispness. Set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, mix eggs, cream, cheese, bacon and onions. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut a deep “V” through the top of the baguette and partially unstuff the baguette. Place the baguettes into a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Spoon the egg mixture into the prepared baguettes.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown, and egg mixture is set.
- Allow to cool for about 5 minutes, cut and serve while still warm.