Garlic Cheese Monkey Bread is a delicious and versatile dish that can be enjoyed as a snack, breakfast or even as a dessert. For those who may not be familiar with it, monkey bread is a type of bread that is made up of small, bite-sized pieces of dough that are rolled into balls and then baked together in a pan. The bread can be sweet or savory, depending on the ingredients that are used.
In this particular recipe, we are going to explore a savory version of monkey bread that is sure to tantalize your taste buds. This recipe uses a combination of cheese and garlic to create a deliciously flavorful bread that is perfect for snacking on or serving as a side dish with your favorite meal.
This Garlic Cheese Monkey Bread is so easy to make from scratch that there is no need to use store-bought dough. You can easily make the dough using simple ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry. The dough is also very forgiving and doesn’t require multiple rising times, making it a great recipe for beginner bakers. You simply shape it and let it rise directly into the pan. It works wonderfully.
Once the Garlic Cheese Monkey Bread is finished baking, it’s best served hot right out of the oven. The pieces of dough can be easily pulled apart and dipped into your favorite dipping sauce for an extra burst of flavor. And, if you’re feeling adventurous, you can even experiment with different herbs and spices to customize the recipe to your liking.
How to make Garlic Cheese Monkey Bread
To get started, you will need to grease and flour a 9 inch (23cm) bundt pan.
Next, prepare the bread dough by mixing together flour, salt, garlic powder, and cheese in a large bowl. In a separate small bowl, add sugar to fresh yeast and stir until it liquifies. Add milk and stir to dissolve. Then, add the dissolved yeast, water, beaten egg, and butter to the flour mixture. Stir until combined, and then knead until the dough is smooth and pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
Cover the dough with plastic wrap and let it rest for about 10 minutes. On a floured surface, divide the dough into 4 pieces, and then divide each piece into 10 smaller pieces. Roll each piece into a ball.
To prepare the cheese coating, mix melted butter with minced garlic and freshly ground black pepper in a medium bowl. In another bowl, mix cheddar and parmesan cheese with parsley and chives. Dip each ball of dough into the butter mixture, and then coat it with the cheese mixture.
Place the coated dough balls into the prepared bundt pan. Cover the pan with a greased plastic wrap and let the dough rise for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Meanwhile, preheat your oven to 350F (180C).
Bake the Garlic Cheese Monkey Bread for 25-30 minutes until it is dark golden brown on top. Remove the bread from the oven and let it cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes. Then, remove the bread from the pan and serve it with your favorite dipping sauce.
This recipe is perfect for any occasion, whether it be a casual family dinner or a holiday gathering. The combination of garlic, cheese, and freshly baked bread is sure to be a hit with everyone at the table. So, give this recipe a try and impress your guests with this delicious and easy-to-make Garlic Cheese Monkey Bread! If you do, make sure to share the photos with me on Instagram. Enjoy!
Other similar bread recipes you may like to try
No-knead Cheese Bread a perfect crusty bread, with an elastic and chewy crumb texture, packed with cheese aroma and a hint of garlic. This recipe doesn’t require kneading the dough which makes it very easy to prepare. It takes time though, so you need to start preparing the dough a day before. All you have to do is make sure to mix well all the ingredients and let it rise. It is essential to bake it in a cast iron pot to get an amazing crispy golden brown crust.
This Bloomin Onion Bread is a great way to serve the bread to a gathering and everybody will be impressed. The melted, gooey cheese is just too tempting.
This Skillet Bread Four Cheese Spinach Dip is an amazing dish you can prepare whenever you have friends invited and want to get an impressive dish with less effort involved. It is easy to prepare and you can either choose to make this from scratch, making your own dough or you can use leftover pizza dough or store-bought dough, either way it is delicious.
Garlic Cheese Monkey Bread
- 3 ½ cup (440g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp (2g) garlic powder
- 1/2 cup (50g) Cheddar cheese , grated
- 1 tsp (5g) salt
- 25g fresh yeast (2 1/4 tsp active dry yeast or 2 tsp of instant yeast)
- 2 tbsp (30g) sugar
- 1/4 cup (60ml) milk , warm
- 3/4 cup (180ml) water , warm
- 1 egg , beaten
- 3 tbsp (45g) butter , softened
- 1/2 cup (110g) unsalted butter , melted
- 4 cloves garlic , minced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp chives , chopped
- 2 tbsp parsley , chopped
- 1/2 cup (50g) Parmesan cheese , grated
- 1 cup (100g) Cheddar cheese , grated
- Your favorite dipping sauce , for serving
- Grease and dust with flour a 9 inch (23cm) bundt pan.
Prepare the bread dough.
- In a large bowl mix flour with salt, garlic powder and cheese.
- In a small bowl add sugar over the fresh yeast and stir until it liquifies. Add milk and stir to dissolve.
- Add dissolved yeast, water, beaten egg and butter over the flour mixture. Stir to combine and knead until the dough is smooth and pulls away from the sides of the bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and let the dough rest for about 10 minutes.
- On a floured surface divide dough in 4 pieces. Divide each piece in 10 smaller pieces and roll each piece into ball.
Prepare the cheese coating.
- In a medium bowl mix melted butter with minced garlic and freshly ground black pepper.
- In another bowl mix cheddar and parmesan cheese with parsley and chives.
- Dip each ball of dough into the butter mixture and coat with cheese mixture.
- Place balls of dough in the prepared bundt pan.
- Cover the pan with a greased plastic wrap and let the dough rise for 30 minutes to 1 hr .
- Meanwhile preheat oven to 350F (180C).
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until dark golden brown on top.
- Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove the bread from the pan and serve with your favorite dipping sauce.