As school and kindergarden have started I am trying to make as many healthy energy bars that the kids can have in the morning or on-the go. These Healthy No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Oat Bars are one of the best I’ve made, packed with flavor and healthy ingredients, no cholesterol, no refined sugar, but still chocolaty, rich, a bit fudgy and with an amazing texture.
No doubt kids will love them and ask for more without you feeling the guilt for giving them unhealthy snacks.
The recipe is easy and really takes no more than 10 minutes to put these together and it’s a no bake recipe which is so great. You need a food processor for this if you want to have a pretty smooth base, without feeling the oats.
I am so pleased of these Healthy No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Oat Bars that I will definitely make them almost all the time to have them ready for a healthy energy school snack.
Healthy No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Oat Bars
- 1 ½ cups (180g) rolled oats
- 1/3 cup (60g) raisins
- 3/4 cup (75g) unsalted almonds
- 1/4 cup (20g) unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 tsp (2g) salt
- 1/2 cup (120g) creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup (80g) maple syrup , agave nectar
- 2 tbsp (30g) coconut oil
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (30g) cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup (80g) honey or maple syrup
- 2 tbsp (30g) coconut oil , melted
- 1/2 tsp (2.5g) vanilla extract
- Slightly grease a 8×8 inch (20x20cm) square pan and line with parchment paper, in such a way that some edges are longer to make it easy to lift it up once it's set.
- Place the oats, almonds, raisins, and salt into the bowl of a food processor. Process until completely combined.
- Add peanut butter, honey (maple syrup) and coconut oil in a small saucepan and melt over low heat. Remove from heat and add vanilla extract.
- Add the mixture over the oats mixture and process until completely combined and the mixture holds together.
- Spread the mixture into the prepared baking pan and press with the back of a wet spoon to create a smooth surface.
- Prepare the chocolate glaze. In a small bowl combine the cocoa with honey (maple syrup), coconut oil and vanilla extract.
- Spread evenly over the mixture in the pan.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours to set. Keep leftovers refrigerated.