Don’t know about you but when I serve a pizza I like to hold a slice of pizza in my hand, and hope for it to keep it’s shape well. Don’t like those pizza slices that bend because they are overloaded with too much toppings. Every pizza I served in Italy cities I’ve been traveling were holding good, with just the right amount of topping and crust.
This mushroom pizza recipe has a thin and crispy crust, right amount of mushrooms and a combination of spices which turns into a delicious Italian pizza.
It is even better if you prepare you own tomato sauce. No store-bought tomato sauce can compare to a homemade pizza tomato sauce.
Give this mushroom pizza recipe a try, you will be delighted.
- 3 cups bread flour
- 25 g fresh yeast
- 240 ml warm water
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 medium champignon mushrooms, sliced
- 6 black olives, seeded and sliced
- 1/4 cup Corn Kernels,
- 100 g Mozzarella Cheese, grated
Tomato Sauce (Homemade Ketchup)
- 3,4 fresh tomatoes, peeled (or 400 g can Italian plum tomatoes- pomodori pelati))
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp Dry oregano
- 1 tsp Dry basil
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, mix flour with salt and sugar. Dissolve the fresh yeast in warm water and add to the flour mixture. Add oil and mix everything together. Using your hands, knead until smooth. Cover it and let it sit for about 1 hour at room temperature, to let the dough rise until doubled in size.
- In the meanwhile prepare the tomato sauce. In a medium sauce pan heat oil over medium-low heat. Add garlic, cook few seconds then stir in paprika and pureed tomatoes. Add sugar, basil, oregano, bay leaf salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer, lower heat and cover. Cook for about 10 minutes or until it has the right consistency for spreading on your pizza. When done, remove from heat and let cool slightly before using on your pizza.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Punch the dough down, knead, split in 2 pieces. Shape each piece into a ball, then roll out into a circle about 12 inches (30 cm) in diameter. Place it in greased pizza pan and punch some holes in the dough with a fork.
- Spread tomato sauce over the dough and sprinkle with oregano and basil. Spread the mushrooms, olives and corn kernels over dough and sprinkle mozzarella on top.
- Place in the preheated oven, switch for heat coming from down and bake for 15-20 minutes, until the cheese has melted and edges of crust are golden brown.