If you didn’t like Brussels sprouts before, you might want to try these Sautéed Brussels Sprouts. It will change your mind.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Cranberries and Pine Nuts
Brussels Sprouts with Chestnuts
Broccoli Cheese Balls
Sautéed Brussels Sprouts
If you didn't like Brussels sprouts before, you might want to try these Sautéed Brussels Sprouts. It will change your mind.
- 3 cups flour
- 25 g fresh yeast
- 8 tbsp olive oil
- 250 ml water
- 200 g Mozzarella Cheese, grated
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Brussels Sprouts Sauce
- 500 g Brussels Sprouts, cleaned
- 1 big onion
- 1 or 2 garlic cloves
- 1 big carrot, grated (using the big wholes of the grater)
- 1/2 celery root, grated (using the big wholes of the grater)
- 1 red pepper
- 1/3 cup frozen Corn Kernels
- 2 cups homemade vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup white wine
- Basil leaves, chopped- to taste
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Prepare the piadinas. In a large bowl, mix flour with salt. Dissolve the fresh yeast in warm water and add to the flour mixture. Add oil and mix everything together using your hands, knead until smooth. Cover it and let it sit for about 1 hour at room temperature, to let the dough rise until nearly doubled in size.
- In the meanwhile, mix the cheese whit onion, salt and pepper.
- Punch the dough down, knead, and cut into 6-8 equal pieces. Roll out each one to a circle about 8 inches in diameter. Add 1-2 tbs of the cheese filling in the middle of the circle and wrap with the rest of the dough circle. Press with your fingers or using the roller until the circle is about 1/4-inch thick.
- Preheat a large non-stick pan. Cook the piadina on both sides until the dough is brown but still soft and the filling is hot.
- Remove from the heat and let them cool on a cool rack.
- Prepare the sauce. In a large flat-bottomed frying pan heat oil over medium-low heat. Cook onion, garlic,carrot, celery and red pepper and saute for about 10 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock and wine and bring to boil. Reduce heat, add the Brussels sprouts, the corn kernels, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer until until all the liquid has cooked off and the sprouts are tender to bite.
Serving: 1gCalories: 496kcalCarbohydrates: 62.6gProtein: 17.4gFat: 19.7gSaturated Fat: 5.2gCholesterol: 14mgSugar: 4.4g
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @homecookingadventure on Instagram and hashtag it #homecookingadventure.
Who would have thought brussel sprouts could look this sexy?! I love this recipe! xx
Wow! Making brussel sprouts sound yummy!