This Mushroom Salad is a healthy, easy to make dish perfect for lunch or dinner. This salad is made with fresh mushrooms, lettuce, tomatoes, carrot, green apple, garlic, nuts and seeds. This salad is not only healthy and rich in nutrients and fibers but really flavorful and a true delight to your taste buds.
This Mushroom Salad is served with freshly baked croutons, flavored with olive oil, herbs, salt and pepper. The croutons are really tasty and I usually like to prepare them for each salad.
Broccoli and Sweet Potato Salad
Avocado and Pea Salad
Roasted Sweet Potato Salad
- 5 lettuce leaves
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 green apple, sliced
- 1 big champignon mushroom, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp raw sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp hazelnuts
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp shelled hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- light soy sauce
- freshly ground black pepper
- 3 slices of bread
- 4 tbsp oil
- salt and fresh ground pepper
- dried herbs (basil, oregano)
- First prepare the bread croutons. Preheat the oven to 200 C (400 F). Cut or rip bread into bite-size cubes. Mix the oil in a bowl with salt and pepper. Add the herbs of your choice. Place the cubed bread into the bowl and mix with your hands. Arrange the bread cubes on a baking sheet in a single layer and place in the oven. Bake for about 5 minutes, toss with a spatula and bake for another 5 minutes until golden brown. They will be crispy but not too hard, perfect for a fresh salad.
- In a medium bowl, cut or rip the lettuce leaves into small pieces. Using the peeler, shred the carrot into long strips and add to salad. Add the tomato, apple and mushroom slices, garlic, hazelnuts and seeds and mix well.
- Mix the soy sauce, olive oil and pepper. Stir into the salad, let chill and serve with bread croutons.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @homecookingadventure on Instagram and hashtag it #homecookingadventure.
This looks fresh and delicious!
Erin is right, this looks so lovely and fresh!!!
This looks so good! Great recipe!
I make a similar salad, but haven’t thought of trying it with hazelnuts 🙂 Will attempt it today!